Cemetery Road

Started by SE, October 13, 2011, 04:07:17 PM

Kenny B

Great Tune!!!   Well done!!!

The vocals, guitars, bass etc  ... all sound fantastic.

An excellent listen!!!

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Welcome back to the site, John!! I've missed your music! Congrats for the new house!

Great tune as well...hmmm..a bit country music flavor on this, imo!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Another cracker John.

Your lead work in this really stands out for me, the way you incorporate it as a counter melody with the vocals is real clever stuff.

The songs has a real feel good vibe to it musically which gives it a nice contrast with the subject of the song.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Hi thanks guys can remember doing this a couple of months ago was sitting in the garden enjoying the silence taking a rest when this popped into my head.

Quote from: dasilvasings on October 14, 2011, 04:26:16 AMI bet that with your guitar skills, you can raise hell!

Really liked the song, and like Tharek, there's a sense of space surrounding it.

This song reminded be a cemetery I visited a few times when I was living in Glasgow, I don't remember the name (ORH, help!) but was close to Tennants' beer factory. I still have photos of deers I found there. It was really peaceful and great to walk.

I also lived in London, in Stoke Newington, fairly close to Abney Park Cemetery,  I still think is one of London's hidden jewels.

Congratulations for the song and your new house!

Ah I know it well, my wife works in the hospital next to it,  it,s called the Necropolis very famous in Glasgow and so is the brewery have been know to partake of a pint or three,

Thanks    again    John 
recorder
Boss BR-80

des0free

Love the lyric, in the context, "the neighbors don't complain"  ;D
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

dasilvasings

Necropolis! That's it!

I found the picture of the deers in Glasgow:

And some hounds in Stoke Newington, running in my direction:

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Hey nice pics, think if that hound was running my direction I,d run for my life, a big softy really.

Thanks  again John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Satchwood

Great Song John!!  I grew up with friends that would use our local cemetery as a play ground lol  Strong vocals and those guitars sound like Joe Walsh bro ! 
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

hardlock

Nice work!  Bold airy feel but full enough to hold you.  Great guitar work and lyrics.  Fine song!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Rata-tat-tat

Hey SE... this is beautiful. Love the strings and the Vox fit like a grave diggers shovel. So long as you don't go there "Lookin for Love"... Right Eric!!! LOL Just kiddin. Really nice one John.
recorder
Tascam DP-02