Bass

Started by tkofaith, December 30, 2008, 11:07:33 AM

tkofaith

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and still trying to decide if I want to buy a BR.  Has anyone recorded a bass on the BR?  And if so, how was the sound?  Were you able to get the full frequency range?  Did you record through the dedicated guitar input?

A lot of questions, I know...but I want to make sure I have my bases (and Basses ;)) covered before I buy.

Thanks,

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

64Guitars

I'm sure the Micro BR will record bass as good as any digital recorder. However, if bass guitar is your main interest, you might be better off with the BR-600. Unlike the Micro BR, the BR-600 includes effect patches and amp models specifically for bass. There are two amp models: a vintage Acoustic solid-state amp and an Ampeg tube amp. Effects for bass include compressor, defretter, octave, enhancer, EQ, delay, chorus, pitch shifter, doubling, and more. The defretter simulates a fretless bass.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

tkofaith

Thanks for the reply!  Actually my main interest is for songwriting, but I'd like to have bass on my demos and was curious if anyone's gotten good sound from the MBR.

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Flash Harry

I play my bass through the MBR. I find that I have to tweak the settings of the standard bass effects, or use none at all. I have used and external compressor too.

Have a listen to some of the stuff Greeny has posted with me playing bass. You will get the idea.

Cheers
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

tkofaith

Thanks,

I'll give a listen!

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

tkofaith

Quote from: Flash Harry on December 30, 2008, 01:02:06 PMI play my bass through the MBR. I find that I have to tweak the settings of the standard bass effects, or use none at all. I have used and external compressor too.

Have a listen to some of the stuff Greeny has posted with me playing bass. You will get the idea.

Cheers

Do you plug into the guitar jack or the other input?

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Flash Harry

Straight in the jack
- Kurt Vonnegut.

tkofaith

Awesome, thanks! 

I guess I'll order my MBR tonight!

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Flash Harry

You won't regret it.

;D
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Hi,

I'm new here, but just completed my first recording with the BR. I recorded bass on the BR and it didn't come out too bad at all. The bass effects are very limited but the clean bass sound works ok, just use the GTR input and the jack socket. I used a Zoom bass effects pedal and the results were better. I need to experiment a bit more, but I think with a bit of playing with the effects you could get some pretty good sounding bass. You will need some external effects to get the best results though, along with some variety in sounds.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR