Seen another device you like?

Started by lemonstar, December 30, 2008, 04:05:46 AM

lemonstar

Whew - thanks. It's taken me a while to plough through but I knew it would be worth it. I downloaded everything and joined the group.

I don't suppose you know if that DVD is available quickly through anyone in the UK do you? I couldn't see it listed anywhere. I assume it's worth watching - although I had a very quick scan at the manual and it seemed okay I can imagine that it's far dryer and less meaningful at times than a hands on demo with a plain English explanation.

I take it the 900 simulator allows me to create drum patterns I can then use on the 600 (not just the BR) - is that right?

Thanks once again.

64Guitars

Quote from: lemonstar on January 18, 2009, 04:56:57 PMI don't suppose you know if that DVD is available quickly through anyone in the UK do you?

I assume it's only available directly from ProAudioDVDs in the USA but I'm not certain. Maybe you could e-mail them and ask -- contact@proaudiodvds.com

QuoteI assume it's worth watching - although I had a very quick scan at the manual and it seemed okay I can imagine that it's far dryer and less meaningful at times than a hands on demo with a plain English explanation.

I haven't seen the video, other than the sample clips on their website. I only mentioned it because a lot of people don't seem to be able to relate to printed manuals very well. But if you're good with manuals, then you may not need the video. The manual's pretty good in my opinion and it contains everything you need to know.

QuoteI take it the 900 simulator allows me to create drum patterns I can then use on the 600 (not just the BR) - is that right?

The BR Rhythm Editor works with the BR-600, BR-900CD, and BR-864. You can create patterns, arrangements, and drum kits with it, then copy them to the BR-600. However, there's no import/export routines for copying a single pattern, arrangement, or drum kit. Instead you have to copy the files PATTERN.BR0, ARRANGE2.BR0, and DRUMKIT.BR0 to the BR's song folder. This will replace all of the patterns, arrangements, and drum kits that were in the song. So, normally, you'd only do this when starting a new song. If you have an existing song in which you've already created some patterns, arrangements, or drum kits on the BR, you won't want to copy the files from the BR Rhythm Editor as they'll replace all of your previous drum work for that song.

Quoteon the 600 (not just the BR)

The term "BR" stands for Boss Recorder and is usually used in the general sense to refer to all of the BR models, rather than a specific model. So, the Micro BR, BR-600, BR-900CD, BR-864, BR-532, BR-8, BR-1180, BR-1200, and BR-1600 are all BRs.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website