1968 (Sun Dream)

Started by Redler, September 30, 2011, 11:08:06 AM

dasilvasings

Great song! Am I the only one that hears some "the Cure" in there? Or is it Gritters' cover still in my head?

Like that guitar sound a lot.

I've noticing that your songs have always a sense of "space", like if "silence" was a member of the band. you know, like the star that makes all the solos ;-) A bit weird to put this down to words, but I guess you understand!

Well done, as always!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Thanks to all for the supportive comments, again!

Quote from: maxit on October 04, 2011, 02:13:51 AMcan I have chords progression ?

I don't know which chords I play in the verse, but did it this way:

1st chord: A-string on the seventh fret.
2nd chord: A-string on the fifth fret.
3rd chord:A-string on the 3rd fret.
4th chord:A-string on the 2nd fret.

I let play E,D and G-string "as free". I didn't used B and e string at all in verse.

Chorus: Asus2 and Cmaj7

I hope this helps...

Kari

Quote from: dasilvasings on October 04, 2011, 09:53:20 AMI've noticing that your songs have always a sense of "space", like if "silence" was a member of the band. you know, like the star that makes all the solos ;-) A bit weird to put this down to words, but I guess you understand!

Thanks for your analysis, DSS! I think I understood :)

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

This sounds soooo good!!!  Dig the guitar playing and effect ... 

Vocals sound great!!!  Like the tone and attitude in your voice.

NICE!!!

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Krasi

It sounds very warm and I also like the rhythm guitar a lot!!!
While listening I was having flashbacks about my early years also.
Great song!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

maxit

is that simple! remember me of Kurt Kobain style, that was really strange and magic in his way
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

Man, this is a beauty. Dreamy, but with quite a dark intensity on the guitar part. Such a strong live performance. Love it.

Tangled Wires

Brilliant Kari....the guitar is mesmerising and atmospheric, and love the little gaps that you leave in places

Fantastic vocal delivery too, and if I didn't know better I would have sworn that you had recorded the vocals and guitars seperately. To think that this is a live performance makes it even more incredible.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

An excellent recording Kari! Very well put together, I just love the whole thing.

You should be very happy with this one!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

Hey Kari... doing a bit of lurking through your Juke... this is killer bro. I absolutely love your guitar tones. Lyrics well written... love the little turns and twists this song takes. Very powerful performance for just a guitar and vox track... you cannot do much better than this!!!! Well done my friend.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

badrail

I appreciate your comments on the last song (the untitled instrumental) I posted. I was thumbing through your jukebox and found this great piece you wrote. Great subject matter (makes you think about the past) and fabulous execution on the guitar, congrats!! Have you considered adding bass and drums? (almost makes me want to give it a try) Have a great day!

Wes in Houston TX (USA)
Badrail