First original song with lyrics by sq51!

Started by sq51, September 23, 2011, 01:05:09 PM

sq51

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

OK guys this is a first for me. I wrote this song a while ago and recorded it shortly after. It is a sort of song where I wrote the music first, and then added vocals. It is just a simple love song, nothing fancy, but at least something. It was recorded with a Boss RC-2 Looper pedal, where you record a phrase, and the pedal loops it over and over again. It is really interesting to build up a song in this way, and then you can feel the flow of words coming out. I first recorded the instrumental track, with the looper and solo, and the added vocals. I think that it's a nice little melody and chord progression.
Cheers

Gritter

Very groovy guitar playing and a wonderfully vulnerable vocal. Wicked soloing too. An incredibly intimate performance and top notch tune!

Facemask93

This is nice , loopers sound as though they are a lot of fun , vocal is is really nice

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

GeantdAuton

So cool but I like it !
Nice guitar solo and catchy wah-wah rythm.

sq51

Geir

oh this is so GOOOOOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your first original ? WOW you're gonna get far !!!

This is outstanding !!!!

I love it that the vocals are so upfront !

I really dig this !

It's fabulous !!!!!!

---> πPod (well worth the 56.5MB download!!)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rata-tat-tat

Agree'd with everything already said... so raw... so pure ... first original recording... yes you are in for a great long journey.... Everything about this say's ...your a brilliant song writer/singer.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Farrell Jackson

I think your first time out of the recording gate is a winner ! I've never played with a looper pedal but I've heard and seen many musicians use them live.....nice work all around!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

andy casson

this is unreal as a first song, unbelievably good. Reminded me of Lou Reed, but with a real vunerable edge to it
fantastic! keep them coming

Andy