Started by cuthbert, September 18, 2011, 06:01:53 PM

cuthbert

trifle with two (we know)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
PsychFest (banner image missing)

Under2Fest (banner image missing)

Hey all - been a while since I've posted anything, so here's a late, late PsychFest entry that I developed this afternoon between sessions of final hedge clipping in the backyard before autumn hits.

This was somewhat inspired by a Paul McCartney interview clip I saw yesterday on youtube where he wrote a song on guitar using just two fingers to make the chords (hence the 'two' in the title). A neat idea, so I thought I'd give it a try myself with different chords o' course. Didn't intend to write a song at first, but that's just how it turned out. :)

This song represents a few firsts for me here at Songcrafters:
  • It was recorded, mixed, and mastered entirely on the Micro BR (inspiration struck, and the MBR was the closest recorder handy)
  • It's the first song I wrote with my new (used) electric guitar - a suede blue Danelectro 56-U2 reissue, with lipstick pickups (I love this guitar!)
  • I believe it's the first original I've posted with lyrics. These pretty much came out of the blue (hence the 'trifle' in the title)

I used the classic effects out of the MBR pretty much unaltered: Moonage, SuperCln (on one guitar and one vocal track), and MOD JC.

Oh, and there's a bit of e-bow on the Danno in there as well.

Thanks for listening,
cuth

Trifle with Two (We Know)
by cuthbert

sounds: Danelectro U2-56 guitar and voice
production: recorded, mixed, and mastered in the Micro BR.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Excellent!

I love the sound of that Danelectro. Very bright and sparkly.

Is this it? ...

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Geir

ahhhh this is cool !!

on my 3rd listen already ....

---> πPod
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chapperz66

A cool song indeed.  I could have done with it being a bit longer though...

Paul

Oldrottenhead

magic cuth, heady stuff before my morning coffee, you should do more.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

This could be a lost track from The beatles. Stellar job on each depratment, Cuth! Moonage effect is perfect effect for this! Great vocals as well. I wish I could hear more often fine music from you - it is always ear candy stuff! => pie pod, of course...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Yup, you caught the magic alright, right on the money, damn you are good when inspired........very cool song Cuth-man.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Thanks for all the nice feedback, folks! I've got a few more past fests pieces in the pipeline - hope to get them posted soon.

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 18, 2011, 06:27:45 PMI love the sound of that Danelectro. Very bright and sparkly.

Is this it? ...

That's the one! Got it for a song...  ;D

It's very playable, and has a bright single-coil sound without the hum (not sure how they do that - must be good grounding). I'm considering changing out the rosewood saddle bridge for an adjustable bridge in the future, but right now just enjoying playing it!

Thanks again, everybody.  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hook

Fabulous Cuthbert! 1)Great production- I mean it sounds stellar, I'm constantly amazed at what you guys do with a mbr. 2)The guitar sounds excellent. 3) I loved the lyric
Should have been longer!
Well done!
Haze on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely