Is this a bonkers idea?

Started by chip, September 18, 2011, 09:56:15 AM

cuthbert

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on September 19, 2011, 11:20:59 AMChip... one thing you want to keep in mind... the MBR will power cycle off if it is not in Play or Record mode. If you are just using it for effects this will be a problem if you are recording while you play you should be fine...

Actually, this is governed by a setting in the MBR, and you can choose to turn it off.

Or even better, leave it on but attach a DC power source and it will be ignored while plugged in. A nice little feature/bug on the the Micro BR.  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

chip

Quote from: cuthbert on September 19, 2011, 11:33:22 AM
Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on September 19, 2011, 11:20:59 AMChip... one thing you want to keep in mind... the MBR will power cycle off if it is not in Play or Record mode. If you are just using it for effects this will be a problem if you are recording while you play you should be fine...
............. Had me worried there Rata- tat

Actually, this is governed by a setting in the MBR, and you can choose to turn it off.

Or even better, leave it on but attach a DC power source and it will be ignored while plugged in. A nice little feature/bug on the the Micro BR.  :)

Thanks for that too. The Roost is being shipped off in the morning
 and should be back in a week or so. Yipee.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

chip

Yes it was a bonkers idea. Tried it out, terrible, digital mess, It's amazing
what headphones do when using the MBR at home, however put through
 a 1967/8 Selmer not good. I suppose I knew what would happen but had
to try it, nearly ruined the night, I reverted back to the pedals and tried to
save the day...............just. It reminded me of the dreadful Line 6, nasty.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

dasilvasings

QuoteYou might need to build a "deck" for it so you can do changes as it doesn't work that well to stomp on it.

QuoteWhat does it sound like when you do it?

Crash!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Dmann

if your geting alot of noise from your vintage tube amps, it could be that the Tubes need replacing, Biasing, or your caps may need replacing. Additionally, use a power conditioner to power all your stuff, and don't use instrument cables as speaker cables. Also if you can, use batteries for your pedals instead of power supply. And finally if your guitars pickups require shielding make sure it's wired properly and the distance of the pickps to the strings is proper too.

If you can check off on all these things I guarentee you will have little to no noise.

As for using the MicroBR as a preamp/effects pedal, yes it can be done, I use it into a pair of Marshall MG15 practice amp's all the time, One thing though, You have to remake all the patches to suit the amp, and really watch your clipping cause digital distortion amplified totally bit-crushes the tone.