Here's what I've tried.

Started by Hook, August 19, 2011, 09:34:52 AM

Hook

I've initialized  a card and uploaded the song from a back up cd. I erased all scratch tracks and even some percussion tracks that I had already bounced. I'm left with 4 tracks and one stereo track. Then I optimized the song and tried to listen to it and It stops about 3 min. in with "Drive Busy". I've never had it be so consistent before, usually in the past when I've gotten the "Drive Busy" just moving the song to another card has worked. I feel like the card isn't the issue, does this mean that this particular song file is corrupted in some way or is it the machine? Confused and perturbed! Any thoughts would be great!!
Thanks,
Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

It's possible that the song data is corrupted. However, it's also possible that the problem will go away after you update the firmware, so try that first.

If, after updating, the problem persists, try exporting the tracks to wave files using the BR Wave Converter. If successful, you can then create a new song and import the wave files back into individual tracks. Put your CompactFlash card into your computer's built-in card reader if it has one, or a USB card reader, rather than using the BR-900 for the wave conversion.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Hook

Thank you brother! I've updated and am reloading the song so we will see!
Thanks again!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hook

I ended up exporting the wave files and importing them back onto the card. I initialized it again before importing them and that worked!!! WOOHOO! Hopefully the firmware update will keep this from happening again.Thanks for your help. I'll post the song once I finish!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely