San Francisco Daze - original by Farrell Jackson

Started by Farrell Jackson, August 19, 2011, 08:59:24 AM

Bluesberry

Farrell man, yes, this is the goods.  I love it.  We need new music like this again.  I will never get tired of this style of music.  Everybody hears their own influences in this......for me this brings back memories of Captain Beyond, its the vocal make me think about those guys.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

playing catch up after my holidays, wow this is braw tell yer maw, after ive listened to this a few more times, i promise to try and listen to all the other stuff ive missed.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

A personal bump to see if this qualifies for the City Fest. It's about the bands and music that came out of S.F. in the late sixties.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

andy casson

Blimey, cracking song Farrell, loved it, over indulge to your hearts content!

Fantastic! A nice nod to the greats, with shed loads of great guitar, what more can you ask for?
andy

maxit

It is a jopyful travel, and an amazing song. The guitars are really rocking, riffing to the limit,  timing is perfect - sound is .....WOW!!!!! ! damn cool, I've to put as soon Janis again on my player! am i wrong you quoted a little CSN vocals also? and maybe a santana here and there? ... the sexy move the guitar do 2:30- 2:37 is driving me mad....is like a call!
recorder
Audacity

launched

Killer self bump, Ferrell! I've been a front page junkie for the past few months and don't get the time to dig.

Crispy sound and tight playing, love the groove! I don't know how to explain it, but the lead sound is "right there". Fantastic mix.

Yep, it's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

Not only does it qualify... it should be adopted as the San Frans theme song. Only wish I could have seen some of those folks mentioned perform. Lotsa history wrapped into this tune.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: maxit on November 07, 2011, 08:12:01 AMam i wrong you quoted a little CSN vocals also? and maybe a santana here and there? ... the sexy move the guitar do 2:30- 2:37 is driving me mad....is like a call!

Thanks maxit! The da,da,das vocal are a nod to both CSN and Yes. Yeah I couldn't do a song about that music era without including some Santana. Good catches! The guitar move at 2:30 - 2:37 is just a string bend with a pick hand tap/pull off on the higher frets. Thanks for listening and for the good comments!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Farrell Jackson

Thanks Bluesberry, ORH, Andy and Rata! This was fun one to do.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert