Afterture - Orchestral Prophet

Started by chapperz66, August 17, 2011, 02:07:33 PM

chapperz66

Afterture 4.65mb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
After all the covers that I've posted recently I thought I'd inflict an original piece on you.  Towards the end of recording our recent False Prophet album I started to put together an orchestral interpretation of some of the songs (pretentious, moi?).  A sort of "James Last does unknown prog rock" medley.  

Anyway - here it is.  It's called "Afterture" - it couldn't be an overture as it was always going to be the last track.

[soundclick]10963868[/soundclick]

Farrell Jackson

Very creative Paul! Your musical mind ventures into areas where many choose not to travel or don't have the ability to go there.....very nice and precisely complicated orchestral work! I enjoyed this a lot and it leaves me wondering about all the finite details and the technical expertise it took to pull this off................Outstanding!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Geir

OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is fantastic Paul !!

I really love this wonderful piece of music.

----> piPod
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chapperz66

Thanks gents, I'm glad you like it.  This sort of thing is never going to be everybody's cup-of-tea and it's terribly self-indulgent.  But it kept me busy for a while.

Paul

Redler

Fantastic and very ambitious work, like always with False Prophets...a bit orchestral too in this time! You've put all the music well together. You're great composer and performer. Fine music...I'm on my second listening now. Thanks for sharing...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

WHOA!!!  This is cool ... it just reminded me of my ELP records ... where
did I put them?

Not for everyone?   I'll have a second cup of this tea ...  ;D

This is excellent!!!

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pipes

Excellent!!!

We were so chuffed when Paul came up with this wonderful arrangement. .... To do a medley of, i think 6 FP tunes, mind boggling how Paul managed it:)...hats off to you Chapperz (Paul) the "Finally album perfectly capped off by your brilliance:)

Awesome
Nick

Ferryman_1957

Woohoo, orchestral prog, what's not to like! There's elements of Yes, VdGG and ELP in there and of course your own unique take on things. Very impressive, and stunningly produced. Well done indeed!

Cheers,

Nigel

OsCKilO

This is bloody amazing!

Just the right length as well!

Keep the wow factor till the last note.

Very awesome

Peace

T
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Hook

Wow! Excellently done, once again I'm reminded of early Genesis!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely