[Urgent] Disorder of Boss Micro BR

Started by jerome11, August 15, 2011, 06:15:51 AM

jerome11

Hello, Friends.

I need somebody from this community to help me to fix my micro BR.

When I turn on my micro BR, 'Boss Micro BR' message is shown. And then, any other functions do not operate. What is worse, I cannot turn it off.

Really appreciate your advice immediately.

BG

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

jerome11

Hello, Geir!
Thanks for kind advice. Actually, I have tried to open it and cleaned it. But, the problem remained the same. Suddenly, I got one idea. I changed the current SD card to the original SD card which was included in the package when purchasing.

Yes, I did it. it works well now.

God bless on me.

BG

64Guitars

I remember that oldrottenhead's Micro BR stopped working once, though I'm not sure if the symptoms were the same. It turned out that there was a tiny piece of paper in the SD card slot which prevented the card from making a proper connection on all contacts. So that might be worth checking on yours. Inspect the slot, blow into it, and tap the BR gently on a hard surface to dislodge any paper, dust, hair, etc. that might be in the slot. Then try the other card again.

You could also try putting the other card into a USB card reader on your computer to see if it can be read when it's not in the BR. If that works, backup the card, then put it back in the BR and try initializing it. It might still be usable.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

yeah i got a bit of paper, well a bit of the label of a battery stuck in the card reader. but if anything goes wrong within two years of purchase boss will fix it for free. mine was three years old not sure how old it is now but still hanging in there.

i better touch some wood now after saying that.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Jim, you're BR just took a vacation from years of overuse and imprisonment. There was no paper...

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

lol tony was a big bit of plastic of my rechargables
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann