"The streets are empty" a Geir original. Response on terror attack in Norway

Started by Geir, July 22, 2011, 03:50:07 PM

Hi Geir, a fitting and moving tribute to all those who were killed and the first move to fill the void left by so many wasted young lives. My deepest sympathy to all those who have lost and to Norway as a country which is a beacon to humanity...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

antisocialworker

Was just going through your playlist and found this, great song man. well done!
come to think of it all your songs are great.... I notice you have an unusual amount of songs about monkeys.

Bluesberry

I'm still speechless at the sheer stupidity of this act.  Damn, it shakes me to my core....and I can't think of anything meaningful to say........I'll just listen again............

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

pjd1

A fitting tribute Geir , words cannot describe what has happened in your peacefull country . a well crafted and moving composition ..

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

AverGo

Unbelieveable act against humanity, the guys got no soul or morals.
Beautiful song Geir...

Oldrottenhead

on friday i watched the labour youth memorial service .

there was speakers and musicians but no applause or cheers.

the audience each held up in silence a single rose to show their apprecation.

at the end old labour dignitaries came onto the stage to hug the four young youth leaders and hand them each a rose,  

they hugged and talked but there was no commentary only silence.

it was the most moving thing i have ever witnessed

now like bluesberry i dont know what else to say.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Every time I click on a new geir song i havent heard I know Its going to be great,but this song is more than that because of the subject matter and the way it has been recorded.
Its a genuinly moving song thats straight from the heart of a man thats waiting for answers to a question that to be honest will never be realised,In a world unfortunately filled with madmen, this story will go on and on but good people and peace will allways rise to the top.
Well done geir on this song and I hope you never ever have to write another song about this type of thing again.

Gnasty

Wow, a year already! Unfortunately things like this are still happening around the world.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity