Main Menu

mastering

Started by GeneralAldo, July 21, 2011, 08:35:30 PM

64Guitars

I never use mastering effects. I like a big dynamic range so I avoid compression. If I feel that some EQ is needed, I'd rather apply it just to the tracks that need it rather than to the overall mix.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

FuzzFace

Quote from: Flash Harry on July 22, 2011, 07:17:51 AMGeir has a a pair of cool monitor speakers, these are the business for mixing down. Cans are tricky and I am never satisfied with the result.

I need some monitors.

What qualifies speakers as good monitors?

Geir

The monitors I have may not be judged as "good" by the experts, it's just the cheap Behringer MS16. They are quite good for the prize tho, and is far better than normal PC speakers (buildt in or external)
Quote from: FuzzFace on July 22, 2011, 09:56:02 AM
Quote from: Flash Harry on July 22, 2011, 07:17:51 AMGeir has a a pair of cool monitor speakers, these are the business for mixing down. Cans are tricky and I am never satisfied with the result.

I need some monitors.

What qualifies speakers as good monitors?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

GeneralAldo

Thank you all for your great responses and varied insights.

It is only because of this forum that I am able to tap into the potential of the little silver machine. :)
"Birth,School,Work,Death"

chip

Me too... I like the live one and dance comp and like you say this forum has been a god send in understanding and using the silver machine.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.