Jazz guitar up-hill struggle!

Started by jackofall, July 20, 2011, 06:13:29 AM

jackofall

a bit more melodic jazz noodling
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've been watching various DVDs and youtube videos on Jazz guitar. I'm getting passionate and frustrated about it at the same time. I really want to get to grips with this. Here's the best I can do at the moment....Mostly blues scales and a bit of dorian!
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Flash Harry

Gotta love those 9ths!

Sweet lounge zoot.

How's things?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

jackofall

Hi Flash Harry! Thanks for your comment. I'm okay thanks. I have been tied up since March doing a book of early music pieces for ukulele, including recording a CD for an american publisher. It's now all done and dusted and due out in September....(hope that doesn't sound like an advert!) Now I can get back to other things. I've got the bug for jazz guitar and want to improve. Any tips from anyone gratefully received. I've heard some good jazz guitar playing on this forum before. Want to hear more!  
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Groundy

sounds nice Jacko, well done.....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

corryhully

some good sounds there jacko. enjoyed that.

Saijinn Maas

SwanSong

Wonderful i ag ree with the comments above.
truely wonderful relaxing lounge music. and
well executed. best regards worth a bump NEIL

thetworegs

nice bit of jazz noodling to go along with breakfast you can't beat it .........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Greeny

Sounds like summer! Shame the weather here isn't as mellow and sunny as this though, lol. Masterful stuff as always. You really do have a way with a stringed instrument. Any instrument! And any genre it seems! Wonderful stuff. And congratulations on your forthcoming album - must be pretty exciting, eh?

jackofall

Thanks a lot everyone. I've got a lesson with the guru tomorrow!