Effect board

Started by Bro, December 21, 2008, 06:51:05 AM

Bro

Hey, i've bought a micro br about a half year ago. Its a nice handy little thing, and i really like it. BUT! i would like to use the effects in my pedalboard, (you know the flanger phaser noise supresser, that kind of stuff) Can i do that? And if i can, where should i put it in the chain? Thanks  ;D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

steveblues50

i'd try it.could't hurt the br tho you may have noise issues.just bypass br effects tho i can't see why you couldn't combine 'front end' effects with br's.

Bro

If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Greeny

I've only used one external effect with the BR so far, and that was a (cheap) Bespeco wah pedal. It worked fine though.

I'd just try a few things - with the BR effects off, or in combination with the external effect.

I have a Zoom multi effects pedal for my acoustic guitar, and it sounded horrible through my old Tascam digital recorder (noticable interference on the sound...), but I haven't tried it with the BR yet - mainly because the clean acoustic tones through the MIc are so great.

Would like to know how you get on with this - it's an interesting question.

guitarron

you can put pedals in front of the signal chain no problem

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Okay thanks guys  :)
Umm putting the pedals in front of the br, causes huge noise problems.
So i'll try putting the br in front of the pedals instead! However, i do not have the right cabels for that yet. So your gonna have to wait a little while, i'll get back to you Greeny :)
anyway thanks for the replys and thanks for chekking this out ;D

steveblues50

two things to try to cancel noise.batteries in your stompboxes and did you make sure your input levels on the br are set low enough?good luck.

guitarron

Quote from: Greeny on December 22, 2008, 04:30:41 AMI have a Zoom multi effects pedal for my acoustic guitar, and it sounded horrible through my old Tascam digital recorder (noticable interference on the sound...), but I haven't tried it with the BR yet - mainly because the clean acoustic tones through the MIc are so great.

you might want to try the line in with that sort of effects processor

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SickNote

Anybody know how I should go about plugging in a POD X3 Live into the BR?

Greeny

Quote from: guitarron on December 24, 2008, 12:15:53 PM
Quote from: Greeny on December 22, 2008, 04:30:41 AMI have a Zoom multi effects pedal for my acoustic guitar, and it sounded horrible through my old Tascam digital recorder (noticable interference on the sound...), but I haven't tried it with the BR yet - mainly because the clean acoustic tones through the MIc are so great.

you might want to try the line in with that sort of effects processor

I hadn't thought of that route! Thanks - that's definitely worth a try, as the Zoom has some tasty effects on it.