Micro BR-80

Started by cuthbert, July 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

Oldrottenhead

i sure i read somewhere, something like a factory reset resolves this issue. not sure if its like an mp3 player where you have a wee hole you push a pin into reset, will try find out.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Well, tearing it apart and cleaning contacts didn't work. At all. Neither did a factory reset. I wish I had tried the factory reset first, it would have been a lot quicker.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Daniel Storey

Quote from: Tony W on May 08, 2013, 07:02:30 AMWell, tearing it apart and cleaning contacts didn't work. At all. Neither did a factory reset. I wish I had tried the factory reset first, it would have been a lot quicker.

But you said neither worked, so you would have still had to have taken it apart to be sure it wasn't a messy wheel!

I guess you'd have saved time putting it back together... my bad :P
recorder
Boss BR-80

You can find me on facebook if you like my sounds = Danielstoreymusic

"There is a tale to be told about the outside world."

Gnasty

Quote from: Tony W on May 08, 2013, 07:02:30 AMWell, tearing it apart and cleaning contacts didn't work. At all. Neither did a factory reset. I wish I had tried the factory reset first, it would have been a lot quicker.

I meant to post a while ago. I bought a contact cleaner for my amp pots and guitars called Deoxit D5.

I thought I would have to take my br-80 apart but i just sprayed it directly in the space of the cogwheel
with the narrow tube. Its worked better than ever since. :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

That's good to know. Thanx for sharing Eric
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

my wee micro br is in some state but still works to my satisfaction, was seriously considering upgrading to the br80. but if ma wee silver box ever dies, i think i will replace it with another mbr. i do fancy the br800 but i wouldnt ever let that  leave the house, so i would still need my mbr, my mbr goes everywhere with me. best bang for bucks ever. had a look on ebay and the original mbrs are getting dearer than the br80. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Yeah I wouldn't blame you Jim for wanting to buy another Mbr. You work well with it and it's cheaper. I'm the opposite. I like the br 80 better. It's faster to get things done and I love the 8 tracks not having to scroll across the whole board to adjust things. And the USB speed is faster.

Just think you can figure out the br 80 and get more songs done faster?!! Haha

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

Quote from: Gnasty on January 07, 2014, 08:23:33 AMJust think you can figure out the br 80 and get more songs done faster?!! Haha
oh dear
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Quote from: Geir on January 07, 2014, 08:48:45 AM
Quote from: Gnasty on January 07, 2014, 08:23:33 AMJust think you can figure out the br 80 and get more songs done faster?!! Haha
oh dear

Sounds like a new song in the works already :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity