Micro BR-80

Started by cuthbert, July 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

Hi Folks,

Some doubts with the BR-80, I have already upgraded the software to version 1.04. My question is, I have recorded a few songs in the 'Liv Rec' mode and have named them. When my playback mode is "List-->" How do I move from song A to song B? Of course the obvious thing to do will be to wait till A finishes playing and B starts automatically, but how do I move over to song B before song A is done and that too without repeatedly pressing the forward button which bascially fastforwards the currently playing song, in this context it would be song A. Hope somone can advise. Thanks.

Gnasty

Sorry on your wait to your question glisando. In Liv Rec mod i just use the cog wheel to change from song to song and it seems to work for me while in play mode. To the left and right. Try it!

Also there is a 1.05 update version now too.

Go here https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=11749.0;msg=192301
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

chip

All this talk of the BR80... Now.... I need to record the band.. Do I record in live mode or MTR? The reason I mention MTR is because I can then apply a master effect. If I record in MTR mode which setting on the mics should I use?
Or should I stick to live mode? Confused. Is there any difference between the two modes when using the in built mics?
I would assume the levels need to be in the same bandwidth as when recording vocals?

It's only a rough type of recording, we need to get something sorted with a song. Cheers for any help.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Gnasty

Quote from: chip on August 07, 2012, 12:44:27 PMAll this talk of the BR80... Now.... I need to record the band.. Do I record in live mode or MTR? The reason I mention MTR is because I can then apply a master effect. If I record in MTR mode which setting on the mics should I use?
Or should I stick to live mode? Confused. Is there any difference between the two modes when using the in built mics?
I would assume the levels need to be in the same bandwidth as when recording vocals?

It's only a rough type of recording, we need to get something sorted with a song. Cheers for any help.

My suggestion to you is to try both ways. I haven`t recorded a live band on the br-80 myself. If you use the LIVE REC, yes you will not have an option to apply an effect, however you can still upload it into MTR and master it.
If you record in MTR mode you can use effects, but you only have one shot so i would play with it. I doubt any of the pre sets will sound good but i could be wrong. I imagine you can find one and tweek it though. Or if you have an MBR you can rec it on br-80, upload on mbr and apply effects too.
Everything i`ve done on this takes a little time and in the end it`s YOUR ears that makes you satisfied with your tracks.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

chip

Ok cheers for the reply... Here's one for you all. What about using the BR80 for vocals live.. I mean using the harmony section. Mic connected to BR 80 which is then connected to the mixer. Or is that a bonkers idea?

Geir

Quote from: chip on August 19, 2012, 12:47:35 PMOk cheers for the reply... Here's one for you all. What about using the BR80 for vocals live.. I mean using the harmony section. Mic connected to BR 80 which is then connected to the mixer. Or is that a bonkers idea?
It could work, but I think it might be difficult. The reason is that if you're not alone on stage (and even if you are) there will be a lot of other sounds bleeding into the mic and disturbing the harmony-FX from figuring out what note to harmonize. Would be cool to try it tho. Best shot is then with a dynamic mic plugged into the BR80 I would guess
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

na_th_an

I can confirm that you can use the vocal effects in the BR80 live by pluggin your dynamic mic into the unit and connecting it right to the mixing desk. It works great.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Adobe Audition

Geir

Quote from: na_th_an on August 29, 2012, 03:50:38 AMI can confirm that you can use the vocal effects in the BR80 live by pluggin your dynamic mic into the unit and connecting it right to the mixing desk. It works great.
COOL !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chip

Quote from: na_th_an on August 29, 2012, 03:50:38 AMI can confirm that you can use the vocal effects in the BR80 live by pluggin your dynamic mic into the unit and connecting it right to the mixing desk. It works great.

Hi. I tried this last week and it does work... However... it is very difficult to get the volume correct as one slight movement of the input sens or recording level sends the BR one way or the other in drastic fashion. Also feedback is an issue, we use foldback and front of house PA, so I may not be able to use it unless I can resolve these issues. The mixer is on stage, not out front so it's difficult. It did sound quite good though.

Hilary

Quote from: chip on August 19, 2012, 12:47:35 PMOk cheers for the reply... Here's one for you all. What about using the BR80 for vocals live.. I mean using the harmony section. Mic connected to BR 80 which is then connected to the mixer. Or is that a bonkers idea?

is it not just easier to use a loop pedal?
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça