Micro BR-80

Started by cuthbert, July 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

Quote from: Geir on March 08, 2012, 01:01:33 PMA guitar cable, an USB cable, a split cable: male stereo mini-jack to 2 male normal jacks (for my old keyboards), headphones and monitors.
That's it .....  ..... oh and as many instruments as your budget allows ;) + some homemade beer-shakers and beer tambourine ;D
Quote from: DaCruz on March 08, 2012, 08:21:46 AMBy the way.

what others stuff you guys would advice to buy to use with the BR-80? like connetions, cable, etc etc.

For shakers i have the inside plastic case of a chocolate kinder egg :) 

i had a casio sk-10 witch i dont know where he is now i lost it. i wanna get one of those old casio or other because the sounds are always good :)

i have a Zoom RT-123 drum machine i dont have monitors ill use head phones and i need some other connetions and cables i guess.

Geir

oh .... and I also have a mini-jack to phono-plugs so I can connect the mbr to a "standard" stereo-system. Kinda good to be able to listen to the mix on the system you've listened to other music on. (I also have a male-male minijack cable (hmmmm that sounds almost gay ::)), and a fm-transmitter with a mini-jack cable so I can listen in my car )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Quote from: Geir on March 08, 2012, 04:34:00 PMoh .... and I also have a mini-jack to phono-plugs so I can connect the mbr to a "standard" stereo-system. Kinda good to be able to listen to the mix on the system you've listened to other music on. (I also have a male-male minijack cable (hmmmm that sounds almost gay ::)), and a fm-transmitter with a mini-jack cable so I can listen in my car )

lol im gona buy a mini jack to and then ill use an adaptar i guess.
but the FM-transmitter brings a all new world to the neighboor in traffic :) but i guess i wont buy that

Oldrottenhead

ya big viking whoofter ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ok finally got my toy.

i havent had much time to play with it but when i turn it on, it was already in the version 1.04 and i think it haves the those 30 effects created.

did my br-80 was used before? :/ i buy it from france with phones and power suply from a store.

baterpruf

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 08, 2012, 04:43:55 PMNoticed this on YouTube. I hope it's not going to become a common problem with BR-80s as they get older.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umc2qmaiDKc

Anyone here experiencing similar glitches with the wheel?

I'm kind of worried... I am experiencing (a lot) this problem, and it's making my br-80 almost unusable. Everything depends on the xxxxx wheel!! And the best part... I don't have the bill!! Great!! :-\

It started as a random problem... but now it won't work. I tried opening it up to pieces but it didnt look bad, I just blowed in case it was some dirt and closed again, I know very little electronics.

My ideas at the moment:
--I can update firmware but I know another user with that problem and updating didnt work for him.
--I can use a cleaner spray I have for cleaning guitar contacts. Would it be safe?
--Find a replacement for the component and changing it... very difficult both things
--Paying the official service... I'm sure it will cost nearly the same as a new one.
Any advice will be wellcome.

I had the microBR before and the + - buttons were ok and faster!! It looks as this wheel is a delicate component and it can happen to many people with time. I love the br80 but I didn't like the wheel not even when it worked fine.

BR-80

chip

Hi . I can't help with the fix but you say you lost the bill. Did you register it with Roland?, if so that should get you it fixed. Don't these come with a three year warranty? I must admit, although I haven't got one.  I did think the wheel looked a little fragile and a possible fail point in the future.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

baterpruf

Thank you Chip but no, I don't have any chance to use the warranty.

I opened it up again and now tried the contact cleaner and... omfg! It seems to work much better now! I didn't have many expectations but it feels ok. I'll write everything down so it might help other people.

If you have a BR-80 and the wheel starts to fail and do funny things:

You need a very little cross screwdriver and a contact cleaner spray (mine says Kontakt 60 from Kontakt Chemie).
Take out the wires, bateries and SD card.
Open the grey case taking out the screws on the sides.
Open the black case taking out the screws on the back, including one in the wheel center.
Now you have the green circuit board alone. Impressive to look at, by the way... I should have taken a photo.
Clean the round component under the wheel with the spray, I used very little.
Wait for it to get absolutlely dry, blow to see if there's any liquid between the pieces.
Close everything trying not to mess anything... (I lost one of the screws, Murphys Law...)

The proces is not difficult and it's worth trying, maybe even if you have the warranty, because sometimes it takes too long to get it back from them.

Is there any song in the world dedicated to the contact cleaner? It has deserved one!

BR-80

chip

Hey , well done there. I know I wouldn't like to do that job. I have the original, so far so good, but if anything happens there is a photo guide plus instruction on how to get into it on here.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Geir

Thanks for the info jirous !!! Good to know it can be opened relatively straight-forward!!

I've opened the original MBR many times, and also posted pictures here, but I wasn't the first so I really aapreciated the pics when I first opened mine. If anyone opens the BR80 (or any other BR for that matter) please remember to take many pictures and tell us about any problems you may have had.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........