Micro BR-80

Started by cuthbert, July 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

Wim

Thanks Geir for your anwer for recovery the SD-card.

I download the zip file and extract the "br80sd_recover.zip" file  to computer to get the recover files in the "BR-80 SD Card Recover Data" folder.
Copy the "entire ROLAND" folder onto the "BR-80 EBAND" icon is that the the only action?

I notice that this is br80_sdrd_v102  while the BR-80 have v1.04  gives that no problem?

Geir

If your mbr-80 shows version 1.04 during startup I don't think you need to worry.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ok, back to time signatures other than 4/4. Despite the updates Roland UK say "Unfortunately not at this time. It is a very common question with the BR-80 so I do hope Japan will try and add the function soon..." A small thing perhaps but for the time being I won't be buying one.

Wim

My mbr-80 shows version 1.04 during startup and I have backuped the sd-card from this version.
I have recover the sd-card with the standaard version 1.02
The reason to recover the sd-card was beqause the backup version missed in the map JS the map PRESET with content (samples).
The differend version (older) gives me a bad feeling.
When I go back and recover my backup version and copy the Preset map from version 1.02 into the JS map gifs that problems and so yes, what is the best way to resolve the problem

thanks all

Geir

There shouldn't be any problems using the backup of files from version 1.02 on a BR-80 with version 1.04 as far as I know. The upgrade is only in firmware, and I can't see any cases where a newer firmware would handel files created in 1.02 wrong.

If anyone knows more than me here, please correct me !!

cheers
Quote from: Wim on January 06, 2012, 04:17:00 AMMy mbr-80 shows version 1.04 during startup and I have backuped the sd-card from this version.
The reason to recover the sd-card was beqause the backup version missed in the map JS the map PRESET with content (samples).
When I go back and recover my backup version and copy the Preset map from version 1.02 into the JS map gifs that problems and so yes, what is the best way to resolve the problem

thanks all
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wim

Quote from: Geir on January 06, 2012, 04:24:14 AMThere shouldn't be any problems using the backup of files from version 1.02 on a BR-80 with version 1.04 as far as I know. The upgrade is only in firmware, and I can't see any cases where a newer firmware would handel files created in 1.02 wrong.

If anyone knows more than me here, please correct me !!

cheers
Quote from: Wim on January 06, 2012, 04:17:00 AMMy mbr-80 shows version 1.04 during startup and I have backuped the sd-card from this version.

thanks all

Can anybody confirm the statement above from Geir  

64Guitars

Geir is correct that the update is only in firmware. It changes nothing on the memory card. It's possible that version 1.04 could write some of its files in a slightly altered layout, but I think it's unlikely. Chances are that the layout of files created by version 1.02 is completely compatible with version 1.04, if not identical. So there should be no problem copying missing files from a version 1.02 backup. However, I wouldn't overwrite any existing files. Just copy the files that are missing.

The eBand samples in the JS/PRESET folder are almost certainly 100% compatible since the BR doesn't write to these, it only reads them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wim

I copy de Preset folder from versie 1.02 into the folder JS map from versie 1.04.
When I startup the br-80 and go to eband modes than dispays "NO SONG" and I canot play the samples.
What is wrong. ???

64Guitars

Did you restore the JS/DB folder?  I believe that's where the eBand songs are stored.

Also, in the JS folder is a file called "_CARD.J8C". You might need that too if it doesn't already exist.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Wim

I only retore the Preset map with contens in the JS map and there the file name  _CARD.J8C in the JS map