Micro BR-80

Started by cuthbert, July 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

Tony W

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 11, 2011, 10:16:35 PMCongratulations on being the second Songcrafters member to get a BR-80!

Who was the first if not for Cuthbert? I openly admitted to lying about having one.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Tony W on July 13, 2011, 02:34:00 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on July 11, 2011, 10:16:35 PMCongratulations on being the second Songcrafters member to get a BR-80!

Who was the first if not for Cuthbert? I openly admitted to lying about having one.

Kari  https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10830.msg155934#msg155934

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

cuthbert

Yes, I am the second Songcrafter with the BR-80 - but the first in North America!  ;D

Congrats, Tony!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tony W

The first in North America! That pretty huge! I'm fixing to fire mine up right now. I'll read the manual in a year or 2.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

OK, skipping the owners manual flew like a fart in church.

The folder structure on the BR is incredibly different than any previous model. While I'm downloading the PDF...

Here are my initial thoughts.

Don't format your SD card that initially comes with the BR-80. It contains some extras that you'll want. You can easily shoot yourself in the foot and have additional work ahead of you.

The LIVREC folder replaces the MP3 fold on the Micro BR. You can place .wav or .mp3 in there.

I'm going to work with an MP3 for this first exercise in lieu of BR Wave converter Just for an extra level of realism.

**cool note, the USB connector is located next to the PSA (power) plug. I like the location much better. **

This might piss some people off, but it's looking like you can't import an MP3 to the BR-80 and then copy it to a pair of tracks like the MBR. What a weird function to drop.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Tony W on July 13, 2011, 06:30:23 PMThis might piss some people off, but it's looking like you can't import an MP3 to the BR-80 and then copy it to a pair of tracks like the MBR. What a weird function to drop.

Load the MP3 in eBand mode and select it as the current song. Then switch to MTR mode and press MENU, TRACK EDIT, IMPORT. Use the cursor up/down buttons to select eBand CURRENT SONG as the SOURCE. Then select the destination tracks and press ENTER. Press ENTER again if you want it to start at 00:00:00.00. Press ENTER a couple more times and you're done.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

cuthbert

One kind of cool feature of the BR-80 is that you can use it as an audio interface to your DAW - I understand the BR-800 can do this as well. Not sure how much I would actually use this feature, but it's nice to know it's there since I don't already have a USB audio interface.

I've installed Sonar X1 LE, but oddly enough, I'm not getting any audio out of it. I'll have to the bottom of that...

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

Quote from: Tony W on July 13, 2011, 05:46:21 PMThe first in North America! That pretty huge!

Well the first Songcrafter in North America...heck, maybe even Central & South America!  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Quote from: cuthbert on July 13, 2011, 08:13:07 PMWell the first Songcrafter in North America...heck, maybe even Central & South America!  :D

I think it's probably safe to say that you're the first Songcrafters member outside of Finland to get a BR-80.  :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Cakewalk has a few freebies available for SONAR X1 LE users here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/reader.aspx/20090918

Including this cool looking synth:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website