Micro BR-80

Started by cuthbert, July 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

cuthbert

I've actually gotten the occasional glitch with the thumbwheel. But eventually, it works again. Frustrating when it happens.  >:(
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 08, 2012, 04:43:55 PMNoticed this on YouTube. I hope it's not going to become a common problem with BR-80s as they get older.

Anyone here experiencing similar glitches with the wheel?

Quote from: cuthbert on February 08, 2012, 04:46:55 PMI've actually gotten the occasional glitch with the thumbwheel. But eventually, it works again. Frustrating when it happens.  >:(

I`ve had no problems like that thus far and after my MBR button incident i better not or else! >:(
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

filo

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 08, 2012, 04:43:55 PMAnyone here experiencing similar glitches with the wheel?
I've tried on eBand and LiveRec twice without any problem.
Could you describe exact step-by-step procedure how did you achieve that?
Boss Micro BR-80

64Guitars

Quote from: filo on February 08, 2012, 10:31:11 PMCould you describe exact step-by-step procedure how did you achieve that?

1) I went to http://www.youtube.com/.

2) I typed "Boss Micro BR-80" into the search box.

3) I sorted the results by upload date and scrolled down the page a bit.

;)

(It's not my video. I don't even have a BR-80.)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

filo

Quote(It's not my video. I don't even have a BR-80.)
OK, this sentence explains everything ;)
Boss Micro BR-80

launched

Has anybody loaded .smf files into the rhythm section yet? There are length/polyphony limits that might complicate things, just wondering if anyone has created and loaded one that works.

I'd like to grab one from somebody if they have already done it before.

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on February 10, 2012, 02:37:16 PMHas anybody loaded .smf files into the rhythm section yet? There are length/polyphony limits that might complicate things

My BR-864 and other BRs that support midi file import have the same limitations as the BR-80. They're really not a problem in normal usage. The imported midi file can have a maximum of 999 measures. At 120 bpm in 4/4 time, that's 33.3 minutes! Polyphony is limited to five sounds at the same time. That's unlikely to be a problem with drums because the samples have such a short duration. Even when playing fast, one sample will have pretty much ended before the next sample is triggered. So you're not likely going to have more than 2 or 3 drums playing at the same time. Cymbal samples are a bit longer, so there's a greater chance of them overlapping. Still, you'd have to be playing pretty fast to get 5 drum and cymbal samples playing at the same time. Even if it does happen, it probably won't be noticeable because it only cuts short the previous sample from the same drum or cymbal, which was probably just about done anyway if you're triggering it again. And isn't that what would happen on a real drum or cymbal anyway? If you hit a cymbal repeatedly and quickly, each hit cuts short the natural sustain and release of the previous hit.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

I just downloaded Rush's "YYZ" from the following page and tried it on my BR-864. It worked just fine.

http://www.cygnals.com/rush/midi.html

Give it a try.

More Rush midi files here:  http://www.2112.net/xanadu/archives.htm

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

I've tried it just to test it. And I've found it works OK, but since there's only 16 notes in the BR drumset some standard midi files will have some "holes" when played on the BR80. I plan on making some 2/4, 3/4 and 5/4 patterns but so far only made a couple that's far to simple to be used with the patterns I want to use them with on my next song.

Quote from: launched on February 10, 2012, 02:37:16 PMHas anybody loaded .smf files into the rhythm section yet? There are length/polyphony limits that might complicate things, just wondering if anyone has created and loaded one that works.

I'd like to grab one from somebody if they have already done it before.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann