effects with the input jack?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Quote from: Gnasty on January 30, 2012, 11:49:51 AMAny word on firmware for bouncing effects or being able to use
effects with the input jack?

I haven't heard anything...but those are now my top two feature requests* for the BR-80.

*Once Boss support notified me that those weren't actually bugs :) , I filed feature requests for them. No reply on those yet...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gnasty

Quote from: cuthbert on January 30, 2012, 12:23:29 PMI haven't heard anything...but those are now my top two feature requests* for the BR-80.

*Once Boss support notified me that those weren't actually bugs :) , I filed feature requests for them. No reply on those yet...

Thanks Cuth,

I'll have to send them an email and drill them on it! They had years to develop the br 80 and they leave those features out? I can understand if it was something minor but that's a major thing leaving those out!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

And not mixing (adjusting levels) while mastering !!! What IS that ??? Incredibly annoying to leave mastering adjust level back to mastering ... no .. that was too loud .. back to mixing adjust ... meny master play .. hmmm a bit mor backing vocals exit exit mixer adjust meny mastering play ..... .. no .. that was too low .. back to mixing adjust ... meny master play .. hmmm a bit mor backing vocals exit exit mixer adjust meny mastering play .....  .. no .. that was too loud .. back to mixing adjust ... meny master play .. hmmm a bit mor backing vocals exit exit mixer adjust meny mastering play ..... .. no .. that was too loud .. back to mixing adjust ... meny master play .. hmmm a bit mor backing vocals exit exit mixer adjust meny mastering play .....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

Geir! Geir! Geir! deep breaths.....................deep................breaths ...................and.........relax.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

;D ok ....

btw .. MBR files on BR-80 ... don't work !! I tested it on a new SD card. Created a song and copied the TAKE???? files over from the mbr to the br80. Song disappeared ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

bugger, and you dont have an old microbr anymore? izzat rite.

tho you could get the wavs using br wav convertor  on sd card.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 30, 2012, 01:11:19 PMbugger, and you dont have an old microbr anymore? izzat rite.

tho you could get the wavs using br wav convertor  on sd card.
yeah no problem, I just create a ROLAND folder on my harddrive and extract the wavs from there
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Geir are you imitating me?, cuz i`ve been feeling that way for a while myself!!!!  >:( ??? 8)

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 30, 2012, 01:00:34 PMGeir! Geir! Geir! deep breaths.....................deep................breaths ...................and.........relax.

Quote from: Geir on January 30, 2012, 12:55:58 PMAnd not mixing (adjusting levels) while mastering !!! What IS that ??? Incredibly annoying to leave mastering adjust level back to mastering ... no .. that was too loud .. back to mixing adjust ... meny master play .. hmmm a bit mor backing vocals exit exit mixer adjust meny mastering play ..... .. no .. that was too low .. back to mixing adjust ... meny master play .. hmmm a bit mor backing vocals exit exit mixer adjust meny mastering play .....  .. no .. that was too loud .. back to mixing adjust ... meny master play .. hmmm a bit mor backing vocals exit exit mixer adjust meny mastering play ..... .. no .. that was too loud .. back to mixing adjust ... meny master play .. hmmm a bit mor backing vocals exit exit mixer adjust meny mastering play .....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

iluvchiclets

Hi everyone,

I am considering getting a BR-80, and I was very impressed with the amount of knowledge on this forum.  There doesn't seem to be anyone else paying this kind of attention to the lil' BR-80.

The BR-80 caught my eye immediately because of the updated COSM effects.  I've owned both the BR-600 and the BR-864 (as well as a couple of VS models), but felt there was something lacking in them.  Must have a Uni-Vibe!

My questions are regarding stereo effects and stereo inputs.  If one chooses a stereo effect from the on-board COSM models (ie chorus, pan, rotary) does that particular recording instance use two tracks?  In order to provide a stereo effect?

And a question about recording stereo keyboards into the BR-80.  All of my drums, piano, rhythm track are programmed on a synthesizer sequencer which I like to record first.  Do I understand correctly that if I use the 1/8" line-in on the BR80, it will record a stereo track (ie, use two tracks) but none of the effects on the BR80 can be applied to this particular instance of recording?

In the event I end up with keyboard stereo backing track on the BR-80 after recording, is there some way to re-route this recording back into the BR80 to apply some effects if I desire?

I appreciate all the contributors to this forum (it has been a very interesting read.)  Thanks in advance for reading.