Micro BR-80

Started by cuthbert, July 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

Bossmgk

Quote from: simont on October 23, 2011, 01:29:02 AMThe BR-80 does not organise by file name, but by the file attribute song name.
To check the file attributes before using eBand editor:-
 In Windows, right click on a song file and select 'properties', from there you can edit the attributes as required.

Thanks for the fast response! This List Editor makes me crazy! 
Can you give me example, step by step. Obviously this I meet for first time! I am on Windows! Its about mp3 that I made myself!  When I go 'Properties' what to check/uncheck ? When? Before or after rename? In 'Properties' there are 2 unchecked 'Attributes boxes : Read-only and Hidden. In 'Advanced' in "Archive and Index attributes" are 2 boxes: 1) File is ready for archiving 2) For fast searching, allow Indexing Service this file. And both a checked .
Under "Compress or Encrypt attributes" are 2 boxes: 1)Compress contents to save disk space -unchecked 2 ) encrypt contents to secure data- unchecked but not active!
Lets start like this:
I delete the song from List Editor! Then disconnect BR-80. Then go to my PC, Then find the file(mp3). Then delete the name (from 'Rename' ) Or first go to 'Properties'????? . Then........

64Guitars

I believe you can rename the songs right in the eBand Song List Editor. See pages 8 and 9 of the eBand Song List Editor manual.

Sounds like you just click on the song you want to change, then right-click on the song name and start typing.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

simont

Quote from: Bossmgk on October 23, 2011, 07:47:43 PMI delete the song from List Editor! Then disconnect BR-80. Then go to my PC, Then find the file(mp3). Then delete the name (from 'Rename' ) Or first go to 'Properties'????? . Then........

>Delete the song from the MBR80.
>Go to PC
>Find the MP3
>Right click
>properties
>Summary
> and rename in the VALUE fields

[/URL]
recorder
Boss BR-80

Beowulf63

So.......has there been any definitive evidence that the BR-80 can utilize the BR-800 Rhythm Editor software to program drum sequences?  I've been curious and have received two different responses from Boss.  Any ideas? Experiments?  ???
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Bossmgk

@64Guitars
@simont

Well I did everything ! No mater how I rename the file(mp3) , it has character :) Can not just add new song to the "album" and file to take right alphabetical place! Only way seems to be to delete whole album and put the new updated album again to import whole ! (sometimes helps)The problem is that I have to fix every track again with matching guitar effects for each song!
Hope Boss will update this buggy software "eBand Song List Editor". (have not check "CONVERTOR" yet )

Please , let us know if any update comes from Boss for br-80 !
Thanks!

simont

I'm on shuffle in eBand mode mate   ;)  and am out of ideas.

Heres a quote from Gumtown. He wrote the amazing GR 55 Editor....
Quote**I

I have decided to also use my Boss Micro BR-80 as my every day MP3 song player, so i have loaded up much of my favourite material, songs to listen to while on the road, and songs to play during gig set breaks. Also all my practice songs which on the current gigging setlists.

To load the songs in the eBand Song editor must be used, the song formats must match those on the compatibility list, or the eBand editor will reject them.

Now this is the bit that had me stumped for a while, the song file attributes must be correct and complete, in particular, the song Album, Title, and Song Artist, as well as the file name. I noticed this when trying to load my playlist songs in alphabetical order, but they were listed in the BR-80 in a seemingly random order, this is why...
The BR-80 can group or organise songs by either Artist or Album, if these attributes were empty, then the list will be full of blanks.
The BR-80 does not organise by file name, but by the file attribute song name.
To check the file attributes before using eBand editor (in windows), right click on a song file and select 'properties', from there you can edit the attributes as required.
A group of files can be selected and have the common properties edited, like Album and artist as a group setting.

When a song is played, the original file name is displayed on the screen as the song title, not the file attribute 'song title' setting.

With the file attributes set before using the eBand song editor to load material into the BR-80, organisation of songs by Album and Artist in the BR-80 make your experiance much more enjoyable, the BR-80 will play a continuous list of songs by the catagory you have chosen.

recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

i know the br 80 comews with sonar le but can i use it with any daw, i know most daws are similar but each type has its own little peccadillos, sonars peccadillos i dont know, so have i a learning curve ahead or can i stick with my current daw
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 04, 2011, 04:12:44 PMi know the br 80 comews with sonar le but can i use it with any daw, i know most daws are similar but each type has its own little peccadillos, sonars peccadillos i dont know, so have i a learning curve ahead or can i stick with my current daw

The only feature specific to the BR-80 and Sonar LE that I can recall right now is the ability to use the BR-80 as a USB audio interface. I haven't dived too deeply into this feature of the BR-80, but I got it to work with Audacity and Cubase 5 Essential. Haven't had much use for it yet, because frankly I still record on the BR-80 or MBR, and then bring the tracks into Cubase or Audition via BR Wave Converter, rather than using the BR-80 as an interface to record directly in the DAW.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

that sounds like the answer i was looking for. i rarely use daws but i see the benefit of having a br connected to a daw for quick editing.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Quote from: newi123 on October 09, 2011, 02:52:20 PMThanks 64

Kind of knew that the level was too hot - but was just making a couple of observations:

1) I get digital distortion on playback even when the rec level is way off showing 'peak' - to avoid unwanted distortion the level needs to peak to 2/3 approx of the 'in' bar (interestingly this is also where the rhythm track seems to sit on playback). So for input sensitivity set at 0db and showing a peak of around -20 on the input sensitivity screen, I'm down at around 40% on the rec level. And this isn't a guitar with hot pickups.

Try with the system upgrade 1.04. It has a new range of guitar input sensitivity. From -12 instead of 0.