Micro BR-80

Started by cuthbert, July 11, 2011, 04:54:59 PM

64Guitars

Press the [RHYTHM] button. A screen like this appears:

Move the cursor down to TEMPO and change it with the dial.

If you create a rhythm progression, you need to set the tempo for each step. If you set the tempo of a step to "---", it will play at the same tempo as the previous step.

The LENGTH parameter determines how many measures the pattern will play for. If you set the LENGTH of the last step in your progression to "---", it will keep repeating until you press STOP.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bossmgk

Maybe I explained wrong !
I need when the pattern play, to change the tempo or the pattern ! Like a drum machine! But it always ask me to stop before to make the changes!
(sorry about my English)

64Guitars

Sorry, I misunderstood. With the BR-80, you have to press Stop before you can change the parameters of the drum progression. In fact, I believe that the original Micro BR is the only BR that allows you to change the drums while they're playing.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

simont

Quote from: Bossmgk on October 15, 2011, 05:45:55 PMThanks a lot ! Nice to have you here  :)

Now I have another issue : Can't find way to change tempo while playing rhythm track . It was easy on micro br .

When auditioning rhythms and tempo's do not use the play button.
Press rhythm once to enter rhythm mode and press rhythm again to start the preset playing. You can then scroll through the presets and change the tempo.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bossmgk

simont, it works!!!!! It works!!!! Thanks!!!

"You can then scroll through the presets and change the tempo."

Can I scroll other way then the wheel??? Cursor is not functioning for me .

simont

QuoteCan I scroll other way then the wheel??? Cursor is not functioning for me .

what do you mean ? The cursor buttons or the dial is not functioning?
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bossmgk

The only way to change the value when rhythm play, for me is the wheel. I'm using it live, so its better for me to use some buttons , like this around the wheel , but they don't function in this mode for me .

simont

Quote from: Bossmgk on October 16, 2011, 01:24:41 AMThe only way to change the value when rhythm play, for me is the wheel. I'm using it live, so its better for me to use some buttons , like this around the wheel , but they don't function in this mode for me .
Yes that is the only way. The buttons move the cursor and the dial changes the value.
recorder
Boss BR-80

simont

Quote from: Bossmgk on October 15, 2011, 09:42:50 AMHi guys ! Happy to find you !
I just bout  br 80 over micro br . I used it for live playing! Reason to upgrade was that it supposed to play my tracks together with set effect patch that I choose! I imported all my mp3 track to br 80 in e-band folder, and try to set  effects to song-patches ! But it can't go to "song patch" writing mode. Only to user mode! But I want when select the song to come with the guitar effect that match .

PLEASE HELP if there is some way to do it right !

BR-80 manual page 97

*Song patches cannot be used in eBand
mode
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bossmgk

OK simont, better then nothing  :) You are live Savior !
So, when you are here, to ask you - is it same when I'm on e-band mode, and want to change the song (loaded), only the wheel can change the song , but not the buttons left and right or up or down????? Is that so?