Greeny & Ronnie;
This is just beautiful ... I think I'm going to cry

The Reverend 48

Tangled Wires

One of my favourite Beatles track, and expertly done here

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Davo

Howd I miss this!  Blackbird is one of my favorite songs ever, and its well done here.  Greenny you actually sound alot like Paul here too.
This is one song I need to sit down and learn how to play.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SE

Just a great cover of a great song well done you both
recorder
Boss BR-80

northleezy

Brilliant Song
Brilliant Cover...

Loved it...nice one...

NorthLeezy...
Whatever happened to sex, drugs and rock'n'roll? Now we just have aids, crack and techno..

Bosko Schwartz

Wow.

Wow.

WOW!!!

Unbelievable!  The singing by Greeny is magnificent and playing by Ronnie is sublime.  Not much more to say about this one!  I am glad this got bumped because I had no idea it existed! ;D ;D ;D

Question for Greeny: could you have played this on guitar?  I was interested in hearing your take, only to find it was Ronniejm playing it.  I know I would butcher the hell out of it, so I wouldn't even try, but I was just wondering if you've ever played it.

WELL DONE, BOYS! :) :D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Sprocket

Greeny

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 24, 2009, 05:19:11 PMWow.

Wow.

WOW!!!

Unbelievable!  The singing by Greeny is magnificent and playing by Ronnie is sublime.  Not much more to say about this one!  I am glad this got bumped because I had no idea it existed! ;D ;D ;D

Question for Greeny: could you have played this on guitar?  I was interested in hearing your take, only to find it was Ronniejm playing it.  I know I would butcher the hell out of it, so I wouldn't even try, but I was just wondering if you've ever played it.

WELL DONE, BOYS! :) :D ;D

Thanks!!!!!

And in answer to your question... no, I can't play this!!!! It's way beyond my limited capabilities. I'm almost there with 'Here Comes the Sun', but this is a different level. So hats off to anyone who CAN play it. Ronnie made an absolutely beautiful job of this, so it much better for me just to try and sing it (it's pretty hard to sing too....).

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Greeny on July 27, 2009, 04:50:51 AMThanks!!!!!

And in answer to your question... no, I can't play this!!!! It's way beyond my limited capabilities. I'm almost there with 'Here Comes the Sun', but this is a different level. So hats off to anyone who CAN play it. Ronnie made an absolutely beautiful job of this, so it much better for me just to try and sing it (it's pretty hard to sing too....).

I was just wondering that, because although you are a far better guitarist AND vocalist than I, I do think our guitar skills are vaguely similar.  I hope you don't think that's a huge insult. :-\  I know I can't play it (I think I tried once or twice and said "Are you kidding me, Paul?  You're one of the greatest bassists in the world and you pull this insanity out of your arse?"), so I was just wondering.  You're right about the singing ... tough song ... I probably couldn't sing it.  As much as we may have in common in guitar skills, you've got me by a good mile in the vocals dept. -- we aren't even close there.  Between your version and Facemask's, there is no reason now for me to ever even attempt this song in my life.  Thanks for taking that one off my plate! ;D

Excellent job on the vocals, my friend! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels