Falling Apart at the Seems - New ODH original (with Guitar through Monotron)

Started by ODH, June 25, 2011, 10:25:45 AM

ODH

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

So I finally added the vocal to this track.  I'm not happy with the vocal, mind, but it is what it is.

This song is some years old, but has only just had lyrics written and this is a whole new version.  The guitar parts were recorded through the Monotron, as mentioned elsewhere, although it's not really the sort of song for exploring the wildest extremes of the setup. You can get a glimpse at the end of this one.

Hope you enjoy
EDIT - VERSION 3 UPLOADED ON PAGE 2

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Bluesberry

There we go, very cool man.  very good, well constructed song.  The vocal is a little lost behind the big instrumentation.  If it was me, I would have tried to sing it a bit harder, giver er a little more, you have a good voice, great feeling behind it, singing it a little harder may work well here.  Really strong song.  The ending is def cool.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

launched

Killer tune Nick! I thought the vox were very good, and I absolutely love the guitar work - Fabulous.

This is the real deal!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gritter

I like it. I like it a lot. Very cool vibe. The kind of song a guy can dance to and not look like a geek. It's got moxy!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 25, 2011, 10:31:04 AMIf it was me, I would have tried to sing it a bit harder, giver er a little more
Yeah, I know what you're saying.  I was listening to it on my iPod yesterday then when I shuffled the next song was She's a Lady by Pulp.  I think a Jarvis Cocker approach could work.  I'm going to try a more spoken style in the verse then I can go an octave up in the chorus

ODH

henwrench

Very good song, tight and big. Drums sound great, and yeah!! There ain't nothin' wrong with them vocals!! And I gots to get me one of them Monotrons...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Brilliant Nick! A great example of a great song that is compelling because of those wonderful chords and great groove you have going. I think the vox could just be a bit clearer in the mix, you could try adding a compressed and highly eq'd copy as a second track to bring them out a bit if you don't want to redo them. But your Pulp idea would work well.

Great sounds, great song, very nice job.

Cheers,

Nigel