Downloadable drum pattern arranger question...

Started by rythmking24, December 17, 2008, 04:05:01 PM

rythmking24

If i understand correctly, the downloadable drum pattern arranger is just a free 30 day trial. and there doesn't appear to be an option to buy a full version or anything. what's the deal with that??? do you have to buy the software elsewhere?

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

BossMicroBRew

For anyone interested, I tested this software out today and it worked fine for me. Boss should do us a favor and create something like this that let's you hear the sounds from your desktop.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

bydle

Do you mean that this arranger does not allow to hear the pattern before you transfer it to MBR?

Greeny

I had a look at this arranger a while back. It seemed like a quick way to create patterns - ideal for a beginner. But as I got more into the BR, I preferred the slower process of changing step patterns on the BR itself - where you can hear the result of every change and fill as you do them. That's just my preference though.

bydle

Well, if you cant hear the changes on a PC than I find this software useless as to check if any pattern fits the song I have to load it to MBR and to the song and listen to it. Than make another change and do it again if something goes wrong.
I just can't remember all the rythms MBR has and I found that many times it's better to combine rock and blues rythms to make a good arrangement.
So I'm not sure which way will be slower for me  ;)

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: bydle on January 26, 2009, 09:42:13 AMDo you mean that this arranger does not allow to hear the pattern before you transfer it to MBR?

No can do.

Quote from: Greeny on January 26, 2009, 10:22:50 AMI had a look at this arranger a while back. It seemed like a quick way to create patterns...

I agree its a quick way to whip something together. If I have a song I've created completely laid out, though, sometimes I'll make an arrangement on the software real fast. As I become more familiar with the MBR, myself, I see it easier and easier to do the arrangement on there instead.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

64Guitars

The free BR Rhythm Editor from Roland lets you create custom patterns and arrangements on your PC and hear them. Unfortunately, it's not compatible with the Micro BR. But you can use it on your computer without a BR attached by unzipping this file to the root directory of any drive. Then you can copy your finished arrangement to the Micro BR as an audio track. There are two ways you could do this. You could record the arrangement to a wave file using Audacity or some similar wave recording software, then import that wave file into the Micro BR. Or, you could simply run a cable from your sound card's Line Out connector to the Micro BR's Line In connector and record the arrangement to a pair of tracks.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Ferryman_1957

I'm with Greeny - I prefer the arranger on the BR, provided you can get to grips with it. I downloaded the drum arranger but didn't find it to be much help, definitely would not pay money for it. Persevere with the BR is my advice, get some advice from the folks on here to help you crack it.

Cheers,

Nigel