Main Menu

Sago Mine

Started by Pine, June 23, 2011, 09:22:22 AM

Kevin Mammoth

beautiful song, fantastic tone and playing on the dobro
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Greeny

Can't stay away from this one!

pjd1

This is first class Pine ! man you can play that slide allright , this song would go on any blues album for any artist you want to mention !!

As we say in Liverpool  "quality" !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

chip withrow

As a West Virginian by birth, I applaud you. As a guitar/banjo picker, I salute you. The dobro/slide is brilliant, haunting. Your vocal is clear and full of emotion. This is chillingly awesome, rootsy, high-lonesome blues, and I love it.

Pine

wow...thank you all for the incredibly kind and supportive comments!

Many of you are artists whose work i have long admired and to get such an enthusiastic response is very rewarding

I have been debating what direction i want to go for my next album and you guys have convinced me that i have found it. I like story telling songs..and i like acoustic instruments..especially mountain instruments of late..and i think i will get off my lazy songwriting ass and try and make some real progress in this direction. I guess lately i have just been thinking that a song is gonna fly out of me and thru the instruments that i seldom play and into the recorder that i still don't feel completely comfortable with yet. Ain't gonna happen..and i oughta know that by now. Takes time and effort. You guys are big inspiration. Thank You!!

Pine  8)

recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

wonderful songwriting P-dog. I really, really love your vocal here, very expressive, suits the song to a T.  Wonderfully recorded and mixed, its a total pro job here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Nelson

Cool music and arrangement.
Awesome lyrics PD.

Love the soloing and the over all production.

Top notched stuff, as usual.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Pine

hey thanks Dave...and Nelson...appreciate you guys stoppin' by and taking the time to listen and comment.

Wish i could make time to do as many songs as you do BB...you cover alot of ground musically.

Nelson, you are do for another post. Your last one is gonna be hard to top though...

Glad none of us work in a mine  ;)

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Gritter

Some very soulful playing and singing. Absolutely stunning in performance and production...Love it. A masterful bit of songwriting...

Farrell Jackson

Outstanding Pine and great writing! The vocals, the acoustic, the dobro, the banjo are all perfect choices for this song! Well done my friend!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?