Main Menu

Home Alone

Started by Tony W, June 20, 2011, 09:17:08 PM

Oldrottenhead

ah rome, i should have had that in my top 5. bloody fab album.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

des0free

Very cool!  Excellent recording sound quality.  Sounds like you're in the same room as me!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

corryhully

this is lovely. the recording sounds like it is played live in the room with me. goes most splendid with my glass of old speckled hen, cheers

corryhully

ha. just read previous comment. if you dont mind me asking tony , what did you use for the recording ? it is so crisp.

Tony W

Believe it or not I used the Micro BR with whatever the first preset effect is. I didn't spend any time with the setup of the device.

I did however use this:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=4386.0

It's a mic clip adapter for the MBR. I floated (move a lot when playing) the mic between the sound hole and the 12th fret, at about 6 inch distance. I feel like the close distance allows me to play softer, and gain that intimate dynamic.

**EDIT**

I have a BR800 as well with an SM-57, and a few other mics, but I just can't get away from the MBR for acoustic.

I no longer record where my music work station is co-located, and I use my Boss PSA adapter on an outlet with nothing else plugged into it. I like distancing myself from all other electronics, lights, everything. A little hum from those devices can crush a track.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

corryhully

thanks for that tony. it certainly did work regarding dynamics. it never ceases to amaze me just what a difference the placing of the mike can make to the recording.
all the best
terry

Gnasty

Sorry i misswed this Tony. This is stunning bro.

I listened to it about 10 times now. Very soothing and finesse playing. I don`t hear anymore negativity about your playing. You are getting real good!!! Awesome!! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tangled Wires

I like this Tony, the way you have blended the two guitar parts together is exquisite.

I remember your Classical Noodle some time ago, and have to say that this is a style of guitar playing which you are very quickly becoming extremely proficient in, and that's not an easy thing to do.

Top marks my friend, and hope to hear more like this in the future.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Bloody good job Tony your playing is very articulate and a great listen , i just love that classical guitar rich and sweet and full of emotion  !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

OsCKilO

superb playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TW ..... great that you are switching styles!

collab?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy