Someone should make midi files of all the Boss BR drum patterns.

Started by rich2k4, June 16, 2011, 03:06:25 PM

rich2k4

and put them up for download as one pack.  I think it would save massive amounts of time.  One could then easily sequence these in their DAW of choice, and even make up new patterns on the fly to add to arrangements.  It would also be easier to add VST drum samples to them.

Geir

I've been thinking about the same thing. I even had an intention of doing it myself, but since I kinda got hung up in this mode of doing everything without using the computer I abandoned the thought. It would be nice to have tho ....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

rich2k4

if no one has done it yet, i might take a shot at possibly doing it

rich2k4

unfortunatly garageband doesn't export midi.  i don;t know of any other free mac midi sequencer. If someone could get this done it would be great

64Guitars

Personally, I wouldn't want to be the one to post them because I don't know how Roland and their lawyers will feel about it. Maybe they omitted a midi export feature from the BR Rhythm Editor on purpose because they don't want anyone stealing their patterns and distributing them over the internet.

Still, you could always ask them. I have a feeling they'll either say no or ignore you. But it wouldn't hurt to try. They might just surprise you and send you a zip file with all of their patterns saved as standard midi files.

Have you used the BR Rhythm Editor? All of the patterns that are in your BR are also in the Rhythm Editor. That's how you can use it without being connected to your BR. So you can load any of the preset patterns, use them in an arrangement, or edit them and save them as a custom pattern. You just can't export them to midi.

Quote from: rich2k4 on June 16, 2011, 04:30:36 PMunfortunatly garageband doesn't export midi.  i don;t know of any other free mac midi sequencer.

Have you tried Hydrogen? It's a great drum sequencer and it can export midi. I think it can read from Midi In but I haven't tried that so I'm not sure. Binaries are available for Mac OS X.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

SdC

The latest version of Cubase can actually convert audio drum tracks to midi.... there is a 30 day trial available (mac and win).... if anyone wants to spend their time trying this out...

recorder
Boss BR-600