Minor board reorganization and Songcrafters' philosophy/direction.

Started by 64Guitars, June 15, 2011, 08:11:30 PM

Bluesberry

I just don't understand all this angst about the "entry level" folks and marginalizing certain types of posts, and people feeling marginalized, for me personally, I don't think it was ever a big issue, I don't see how suddenly this site will be any less welcoming and encouraging of newcomers and beginner music dudes, or anybody posting their music on here.  We are the site, not the structure or the rules, we, the active core are the site. And each one of us is very welcoming, interactive, encouraging, supportive of any newcomer, of any new music posted.  This will never change untill we all get too old to type on a computer keyboard.  I just never saw this as an issue. Does anybody think that we would stop searching out new music, and new members and lavishing them with comments and encouragement  and support suddenly, regardless of what board they post on.  All this stuff about what board stuff is posted on is just empty arguments IMO.  I will continue to scan all boards looking for new music and so and so will others of the active core members.  We will continue to make this site a friendly and great place for all who want to make music and post here.  Nothing will change in that regard.  I just don't buy the argument at all.  All these arguments about what will happen after a re-org are just guesses.  Nobody knows what the outcome will be.  All we can know is that the core group will continue to interact, embrace new members and keep the fun going here, regardless of how the boards are structured, thats all we can know.  As 64G just said, everyone of us will continue to do what we do now, act towards each other, and whatever music is posted, the same as we do today.  Why would that change just because the boards are re-arranged, I just don't see it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

I totally agree, BB.

We've never been anything less than supportive and accepting to each and every new member who rocks up here. As you say, it's a state of mind and an attitude that defines why this site has fostered such close relationships, amazing collaborations, and (most importantly) great music. You could cut it down to a single board or expand it to a hundred, and nothing would change in that respect. However, I do see the importance of making the site look as welcoming and easy-to-understand as possible for new members - especially if it makes the difference to them staying or moving on. But at the end of the day, people either feel at home here or they don't.

Saijinn Maas

There IS no problem. I just happen to do predictive analysis for a living, and thought I saw something in which I may be able to help. I was obviously wrong. That's fine. In order to do it accurately, you need to know the people or community that is involved. Apparently, I do not know this quite as well as I thought. No reason to worry about it any further. I wasn't being a smart ass with my last comments. I was sincere. I don't care anymore. Period. It's all good. ;)

pjd1

Just my two penneth ! you lads do a bloody good job , from hosting the site to giving mega information out and support to all of its members and offspring !! you hold the keys to the house and long may it continue ! some grest ideas for everyone to post there own music in whatever form it takes at whatever level ! how good is that !!!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Tony W

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 24, 2011, 05:28:55 AMI just don't understand

That's what I love right there, because guess what?

I just don't understand either. Or maybe I just can't convince you that you're wrong and I'm right and viceversa.

You know what I do understand? We damn sure love this place, even if we'll never see it the same way.

64Guitars... Your articulation has been incredible in the last few posts, and it's become absolutely clear that you and the admin team have weighed every angle. I'm looking forward to the proposed changed commencing.

Long live Bossbr.net Songcrafters!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Tony W on June 24, 2011, 01:01:45 PMYou know what I do understand? We damn sure love this place, even if we'll never see it the same way.
Nice sentiment Tony, thats the underlying thing going through all these 1000's of words spilled onto this thread, we all love this place, love the people hanging out here, and love the interaction, we even love a good argument discussion from time to time, and yes, we probably will never see eye to eye on everything ( I agree with you on that one lol) will we.  But I suppose that is a good thing too, it would be a much more boring site if we all chronically agreed with each other.  Nice Tony.  I don't know about anybody else, but I am just about all talked out here in this thread hahaha.  I keep saying I will stay away and not waste anybody's time reading any more words from me, but I am drawn back time and time again.  This may be it, no more words from me on this topic, see if I can do it.  Its a hell of a discussion folks. Long live Songcrafters, god bless you one and all.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

In the end that IS the only thing that is important. Not worth being mad at my fellow "songcrafterians" over some misunderstanding.

Just please don't tell me that this focus create/change/whatever is gonna result in a name change. Then I got SONGCRAFTERS tattooed across my back for nothing! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gu Djin

I wrote a clearly thought out comment to this question and then the flipping WiFi timed out on me.  So in short.
No matter what the format, if the people are as nice and encouraging - then it doesn't really matter.  Thanks for putting up with my crap guys,  I really appreciate ti.

Songcrafters rocks

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gu Djin on July 14, 2011, 01:45:35 PMThanks for putting up with my crap guys,  I really appreciate ti.
one man's crap is another man's gold

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand