Minor board reorganization and Songcrafters' philosophy/direction.

Started by 64Guitars, June 15, 2011, 08:11:30 PM

launched

Yeah, processed cheese is kind of like processed music.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Saijinn Maas

What the fuck is wrong you assholes? 64g asked for a post so something was posted.

Never realized just how many pricks were here. I guess the ignorant really do prevail.

Can't believe I even gave a shit.

After talking to a friend tonight, I realized that y'all are like these cousins of mine. I love 'em, but you get a few drinks in them and an open backyard, and someone is getting hurt! Guess I can take a hint. I'll shut up now.

Still leaving what I wrote because... hell yes I said it. Not gonna pretend I didn't say it. Meant it at the time too!  ;D
Do whatever you feel is necessary.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteWhat the fuck is wrong you assholes? 64g asked for a post so something was posted.

Never realized just how many pricks were here. I guess the ignorant really do prevail.

Can't believe I even gave a shit.

After talking to a friend tonight, I realized that y'all are like these cousins of mine. I love 'em, but you get a few drinks in them and an open backyard, and someone is getting hurt! Guess I can take a hint. I'll shut up now.

Still leaving what I wrote because... hell yes I said it. Not gonna pretend I didn't say it. Meant it at the time too!  Grin
Do whatever you feel is necessary.
is disrespectful, chill out.

there is a long tradition at this site of levity, especially when topics get a bit too serious, it's the glue that keeps this place from becoming like most other music sites,music sites that are rude, elitist and take themselves a bit too seriously and where they are not as welcoming as here.

Quotedo what you feel is neccessary
i suggest you take a good look in the mirror.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I like the sound of a 'live' board for open mics, gigs, and unplugged stuff. We should limit it to members only though, and stuff recorded on Boss equipment (with no overdubs). I think it would then be a 'members privilege' to be allowed to post stuff on it. Just a thought.

And oh yeah... I'm a f*cking cheese fiend. Spanish Manchego, Goats Cheese, Brie, Stilton... give me a cheese board and I'm very happy, lol.

Greeny

Quote from: Saijinn on June 22, 2011, 08:22:00 PMWhat the fuck is wrong you assholes?

It's called a sense of community. And a sense of humour.

Most of us here are very easy-going people, and we don't like conflict when it rears its ugly head. Having been around here a while, you'll know that we don't see a lot of it on songcrafters. I for one am very grateful for that.

Quote from: Saijinn on June 22, 2011, 08:22:00 PMNever realized just how many pricks were here. I guess the ignorant really do prevail.

Have a long hard think about what you wrote here, and why you wrote it. Is it fair? Everyone has been given a chance to voice their opinions. Lots of respected members have given detailed, intelligent responses. 64guitars has take a HUGE amount of time addressing individual points and concerns. I don't understand why you're so angry.

There are many things in life worth getting very angry about. But a slight board re-org on songcrafters isn't one of them in my opinion.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on June 23, 2011, 01:52:08 AMI like the sound of a 'live' board for open mics, gigs, and unplugged stuff. We should limit it to members only though, and stuff recorded on Boss equipment (with no overdubs). I think it would then be a 'members privilege' to be allowed to post stuff on it. Just a thought.
Nice idea....see, in the middle of all that lunacy, we were actually formulating ideas, and I think we came up with a good one, this performance thread.....thats called brainstorming, and having fun, and being creative, and being goofy.......I like goofy, I have a serious job, and am a serious father, and take a lot of things in life very seriously, I am downright stern in "real-life", I LIKE coming on here and hanging out with my friends and being goofy, and brainstorming...........there is nothing personal here, this is not some personal attack on any one member...........its harmless banter..............some of my best songs were written over harmless banter exchanges, thats how ideas are born sometimes...........we were merly ruminating and brainstorming on the ideas presented in this thread.....that all......yeah thats it....nothing more.........really nothing to get upset about.........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

separate live board - members only and partial membership-together on one board-makes sense-gets a vote

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quote from: guitarron on June 23, 2011, 04:37:24 AMseparate live board - members only and partial membership-together on one board-makes sense-gets a vote
yeah, it needs to be fleshed out a bit, I believe this is where we could put the backing track jams, for instance, because the actual member performed part, the kick-ass solo, that is recorded essentially live, plug-in, and give-er...warts and all, thats the way to do those backing track jams.  I think that would be a reall cool thread.  I agree with you Ron that is needs to be members, and partial membership, that way a member in a band can put up band practice/performance stuff, Blooby's wonderful MoO sessions, all that.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteQuote
Also on the subject of backers, I would like to challenge every regular poster here to make some backers! With the talent and the gear we have at our disposal we could make some killer backers that then would dismiss all legal issues and make it much more fun, and maybe spawn some new collabs as well !!!

I suggested this once before. I think it's a great idea and it would eliminate our legal worries if we restricted the use of backers to only those created by our members. We could build up a library of member-recorded backers so that people would have a good selection to choose from. And, since they'd be entirely member-performed, they could be posted in the DIY group where they'd get plenty of exposure and comments. But I got a lot of opposition when I proposed that idea. I forget what the objections were, but I gave up on the idea because it didn't seem like anyone else liked it.
doing some brainstorming, so let me run with my thoughts here.

in the past two days i posted a couple of tracks in backing board jams for folk to add to. barebones stuff 1 made by myself and another made by myself and another member.

this made me think. i back up most of my songs, so it wouldn't be too difficult to post unfinished versions, uno versions minus vocals, lead guitar et all.

no im not suggesting we do this instead of posting backing tracks specifically created for guitarists to practice over but as an addition.

i use the micro br to record and it would be very easy for me and certainly other mbr users to make a mix of a song, minus all the afforementioned, to let members play over, it might bring more people over to the backers section, and also it might lead to reinterpretations of members songs that take them in a completely different direction and maybe even turn them into new songs.

just a thought.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

and henwrenches life of a bubble post comes to mind, tho it was more of a backing track for vocalists, it got a lot of version granted most of them from me.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann