Satisfying GAS with other people's money.

Started by Migs, June 15, 2011, 07:17:48 PM

peterp

Wow another reason*2 to GAS for updating to the BR80!

(my little mustang was plugged into a APC power conditioning UPS when it died :) not sure a surge suppressor would help.)

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 16, 2011, 09:49:42 PMBut the BR-80 has a tuner and a gnome built-in.

Instead of a tuner and metro gnome, maybe he should get a surge suppressor for the Mustang, and some spare fuses and solder. ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

64Guitars

Quote from: peterp on June 17, 2011, 08:37:38 AM(my little mustang was plugged into a APC power conditioning UPS when it died :) not sure a surge suppressor would help.)

I was just joking. :)  But I didn't realize that your Mustang was plugged into a UPS. You're probably right that a surge suppresor wouldn't have helped. The UPS probably acts as one anyway.  I'm sure your Mustang problem is an exception and there's no reason to think that Mustangs are prone to blowing fuses (or whatever it was that caused yours to fail). But it bothers me that they don't provide a user-accessible fuse on the back panel, although that's probably not unusual nowadays. I just checked my Marshall MG50DFX which I bought about 10 years ago and it doesn't have one either. Bummer.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: IanR on June 16, 2011, 08:32:12 PMHere's my list:

1. American Special Strat
2. MBR/BR 80
3. Set of head phones

This is more portable and no amp is required because the MBR can plug into a hi fi or table top radio, etc.

Ian

This is definitely the right choice. Great general package. Though I would be happy with this, I would have to change the Strat with an ESP LTD MH-327. 27 frets, a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge and Seymour Duncan Custom 5 pickup in the neck with push-pull coil-splitting ability for tons of tonal options.

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand