New *GAS* attack noodling

Started by Flash Harry, June 15, 2011, 03:55:04 PM

The Reverend 48

It sounds Fantastic
as you say deep rich and delicious!

Flash Harry

Thank you all for the kind comments.

It's just a bunch of C, Gminor, Fmaj, Fminor and D7th chords. The arpeggiator and effects on the synth does the sparkly stuff.

It's strange, I have the Roland SH-201 which I would say could be used in a live 'hands on' performance sort of way whereas the Korg is more of a Studio keyboard. It's not as accessible as the Roland but you can create more complex sounds in a shorter time. It's not that one is better than the other, they are just different. Both rewarding and both great fun.

I've started to re-do this track with a proper drum pattern - my drumming is not good enough to keep time or follow a pattern so I am using Hydrogen to create the pattern, exporting the midi and squirting it at the TD9 that I have in the corner of my room. I will be playing the keyboards live, but since this is a learning exercise I intend to record the midi, tidy up the timing and bum notes and then record the audio from the midi playback in real time.

I also have to come up with a verse/chorus/bridge arrangement, just because I'm an old fashioned guy.

Now to use the Vocoder without sounding cheezy! That you have to do live!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

Farking hell !!!!!

This is superb!!!

That bass line is amazing!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Quote from: OsCKilO on June 17, 2011, 10:58:07 AMThat bass line is amazing!!!!
I couldn't agree more.........superb bass line.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Synth sounds great Mike, look forward to more work from you if it's like this - got a bit of an "Air" feel with that really nice "real" bass line and lush synths.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Tony W

This is exactly the kind of track that gets my blood pumping and inspires my own creative juices to flow. That bass line is intoxicating, and completely inviting. The synth dances around a meadow half dressed virgin.

I can't help but follow up Tim's comment regarding Jim's inner puppy. I'll admit, when I get home, this is going to wind up in the MBR, just to realize what it inspires within me. My puppy is going out to the pen.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Quote from: Tony W on June 20, 2011, 07:33:29 AMThis is exactly the kind of track that gets my blood pumping and inspires my own creative juices to flow. That bass line is intoxicating, and completely inviting. The synth dances around a meadow half dressed virgin.

I can't help but follow up Tim's comment regarding Jim's inner puppy. I'll admit, when I get home, this is going to wind up in the MBR, just to realize what it inspires within me. My puppy is going out to the pen.

Any time you need a track, just let me know Tony.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Tony W on June 20, 2011, 07:33:29 AMThis is exactly the kind of track that gets my blood pumping and inspires my own creative juices to flow. That bass line is intoxicating, and completely inviting. The synth dances around a meadow half dressed virgin.

I can't wait to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Tony Go..................release the dogs...........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand