New *GAS* attack noodling

Started by Flash Harry, June 15, 2011, 03:55:04 PM

Flash Harry

Noodle
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I went and paid my hard earned cash and bought a Korg R3. It's a lovely rich sounding analog modelling synth (digitally realised of course) which I finally managed to have a good play with.

This is a noodle, just to get to grips with it and I thought I should post it. It sounds so lush. There are 3 layers here, bass and drums underneath.

@ ORH - It's a noodle James, so don't start writing lyrics!

@ Bluesberry - You gotta get one of these sweet martha farkers

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

thetworegs

And what a nice bit of noodling it is too.......

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Bluesberry

Quote from: Flash Harry on June 15, 2011, 03:55:04 PM@ Bluesberry - You gotta get one of these sweet martha farkers
ahhhhhhh man you are killing me with this...........going to go look it up right now.......crapper..........your drumming sounds sweet..........as does the bass.......damn fine for just a noodle.............analog modelling synth.........hmmmmmm.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 15, 2011, 04:01:38 PM
Quote from: Flash Harry on June 15, 2011, 03:55:04 PM@ Bluesberry - You gotta get one of these sweet martha farkers
ahhhhhhh man you are killing me with this...........going to go look it up right now.......crapper..........your drumming sounds sweet..........as does the bass.......damn fine for just a noodle.............analog modelling synth.........hmmmmmm.

I can see the drool starting to run from the side of your mouth Dave
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

this is too good to waste.......where are ye James...........

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 15, 2011, 04:06:13 PMthis is too good to waste.......where are ye James...........
No the timing and sequencing are all over the place. I'm going to re-do it with 4 bars to the phrase rather than 5 1/2 and sort out the fills and the poor bass playing and the list goes on.

AND there has to be a verse and a bridge and the list goes on....
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

And yet Jim could take these humble noodlings and lay on his magic sauce over it and it would sound like you guys labored over this for weeks

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Oh wow! That sounds fantastic! I've always loved electronic music like Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, Jean Michel Jarre, etc. and you really have a knack for it. I loved your "Sunrise Dream Time" from emuFest too. I can't wait to hear what else you'll create with the R3.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 15, 2011, 04:42:50 PMOh wow! That sounds fantastic! I've always loved electronic music like Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, Jean Michel Jarre, etc. and you really have a knack for it. I loved your "Sunrise Dream Time" from emuFest too. I can't wait to hear what else you'll create with the R3.
Thanks 64G's. I am dying to get both plugged in and going together.

I'll have to get some synthtrumentals organised!
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

bloody amateur yer timings worse than mine, see what ive got tae put up wi dave. get james back o'er fae oz on the drums. an show yer da how tae day it.

are ye wanting words mike?

i got an idea

a went for a wander
o'er yonder
then hud a ponder
wi thon fella that runs kfc

this post by orh has been tested by 64guitars new drunk software to check for alkyhol and beer hingies and failed miserably
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann