micro BR frozen screen

Started by lespaulitaly, May 24, 2011, 02:00:28 AM

Hi,

my Micro BR act in a strange way.

Switching on onlt the BOSS logo appears, than everithing is frozen.
do not switch off (I've to take the battery out of it).

I tried to to reset (utility+power) but the result is the same.
Boss logo and than frozen screen.

No error messages, nothing strange.

Please Help Me!

Marco (Italy)

Geir

Ouch !

Well two possible explanations sprigs to mind.

It might be a stuck button, I had the same problem as you once and it was rectified by opening it up and cleaning it. Is your micro br "well used", do you suspect that a button might be stuck or has it been in contact with some fluid anytime lately? If this is the case you might want to try to open it. There are a couple of us here who have done that and you'll find instructions and pictures here somewhere

Here is my pictures:
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=7394.msg95965#msg95965

The other possibility is that the SD-card have been corrupted one way or another. Have you tried putting in a blank SD-card to see what happens? If that don't work (and you've eliminated any hardware error) you may want to upgrade the Firmware. Instructions can also be found here. Check first what firmware version you have:

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 06, 2009, 10:14:08 PMTo find out which version is currently in your Micro BR, turn the power on while holding down the CURSOR < and > buttons. The version number will appear in the display. To resume using your Micro BR, turn it off, wait a couple of seconds, then turn it back on.

more info in this thread:
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3553.msg36123#msg36123
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

i'm sure someone here can help, but if your micro br is still under warranty contact roland boss, i found them always helpful, when i called them my mbr was out of warranty but they where still very helpful.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Thanks to both for the tips.

I tried to clean it, it was very simple, but the problem did not changed.

I bought it in the USA (i travel quite often for business) and it's difficult to go to Roland Italy with a US product.

I'll try to change the SD (also if I tried to plug it in the PC and it dos not pop up in windovs).

I'll keep post the progress.

Marco

Geir

Ahh too bad. But don't give up. I you read my description from opening mine, it didn't work at once when I put it back together either, but suddenly it did ;D ... well may have been that a butten where a bit stuck still but that I had gotten rid of what initially had got it stuck and that after some tries it loosened.

Give it another cleaning and see if it helps, that's my best suggestion right now. Please keep us posted on the progress!

And ... WELCOME to the site !! Hope to hear some music from you soon !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........