cut/paste editing help needed

Started by hardlock, December 09, 2008, 10:19:45 PM

hardlock

Can anyone advise me as to the best way to extend a song with cutting/pasting a portion from the center into an opened up copy?

Basicly I want to take a verse/chorus out, double it and put it back in leaving the beginning and end of the song the same.

I've studied the manual and made a few trys at it but never seem to be able to match up the edges of the splice to have it either not overlap or have a gap or seem to be positioned correctly but isn't do to the rym being off a few mili-seconds or something.

Is it better to use times or measures?  I've been trying using measures and cutting and pasting at the measure break. 

Thanks for any help.

Ken
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Oldrottenhead

i think the best way would be to upload the individual tracks to your pc using the mbr wav convertor and putting them into cubase or  a similar daw that way. or if it is the whole song import the mp3 and do it in one go, import into cool edit pro, (is old name for this program might be called audigy) and you could do it in that, ie cut the parts you want repeated copy them a nd paste them where you want.
hope that is of some help.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hardlock

Hi James,  I understand the cut/paste process (I use Wavepad for editing wav/mp3 files - similar to Audacity). 

Same problem with these however about lining up the parts to flow seamlessly to assure proper timing.  Seem harder in these programs due to no measure reference like the BR has.

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations:

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ronniejm

I used to have a similar problem with leaving gaps when I "cut" and "pasted", till I sussed that when you type in the measure where you want the cut to end, you have to add on one measure, this is beacuse the cut cut will be up to, but not include that measure.

for example if the actual music I want to cut is from 1-1 up to say
3-4, ie 3 bars of music, the cut parameters would be start 1-1 and end 4-1. so the cut will be up to but not include 4-1, in other words it will stop at 3-4, which is what we want.

not sure if this is going to help you at all, just thought I would throw it in.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Boss BR-800

My Jukebox

hardlock

Quote from: Ronniejm on December 10, 2008, 03:06:00 PMyou have to add on one measure, this is beacuse the cut cut will be up to, but not include that measure.

That did it!  Thanks much.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations: