'Dark Harvest' ...are you getting bored yet???!

Started by Greeny, December 02, 2008, 02:20:22 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN - Dark Harvest with Mike
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is me and Flash Harry up to our tricks again. Another one of my compositions with me on guitars and vocals and Flash on bass.

This is the title track for my latest jumble of songs (i.e. album).

Last song post this week.

...probably!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I'm not getting bored! It's keeping me out of the pub!

I know the story behind this one, I'm glad to have been involved.

Cheers Tim, you've been producing some great material.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

Holy Sh*t.  I love this one.  This has the spook about it.  I almost got shivers listening to the sound of the guitar and voice intertwine.  I think I could say that this is my favourite of all your songs Greeny.  How do you write so many great songs in such a short time?  I can't believe your output.  Your voice is so sweet (can I say that), but there is this underlying tension that just below the beautiful surface there lies something else altoghether darker (realer?).  Like I said I amost got shivers from this song.  How could you make your instrumentation any more perfect?  I don't see how.  It is deceptively simple but there is that something else that is also there that leaves a different taste.  Very cool.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 02, 2008, 11:33:32 AMHoly Sh*t.  I love this one.  This has the spook about it.  I almost got shivers listening to the sound of the guitar and voice intertwine.  I think I could say that this is my favourite of all your songs Greeny.  How do you write so many great songs in such a short time?  I can't believe your output.  Your voice is so sweet (can I say that), but there is this underlying tension that just below the beautiful surface there lies something else altoghether darker (realer?).  Like I said I amost got shivers from this song.  How could you make your instrumentation any more perfect?  I don't see how.  It is deceptively simple but there is that something else that is also there that leaves a different taste.  Very cool.

That means a lot, because that's exactly the effect I was  after with this song. This is what I tried to capture: the dusk falling on the fields, with the sound of the crows and the hedgerows growing dark (and menacing) as the light fades. So yes... a little shiver of menace. But then there's a beautiful story sitting behind this one too. The short version is about discovering for the first time that I have a long family tree (back to the 1700's) of agricultural workers and shepherds in Hampshire / Sussex. The long version is a novel in it's own right.

Thank you. Your words and praise are very special.  :)

Flash Harry

Another one I've listened to again.

You have to get a recording contract. This stuff has to be made available to a much wider audience.

Honestly, a superb song. I think you are a great songwriter.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

BossMicroBRew

FYI...this is one of my favorite posts on this site. Flowing and mellow. Chord progression is uber cool 8).
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Greeny

Quote from: BossMicroBRew on January 22, 2009, 09:46:07 PMFYI...this is one of my favorites posts on this site. Flowing and mellow. Chord progression is uber cool 8).

Thanks everyone!  :)

These unexpected chord progressions are what I look for and thrive on. To get the right off-kilter effect, it really helps being a self-taut, non-music reading chimp who couldn't shred a carrot, let alone a fretboard  :D :D :D

tafka

loved this on first listen didn't need 2 or 3.
found myself jammin'along 2nd time around.
you ain't got any reletives in liverpool by any chance?
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

AlchemyMN