boss launch the micro br80 to replace the micro br

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 06, 2011, 03:37:18 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: AndyR on April 08, 2011, 03:37:11 AMYou're just going to confuse Geir with all those Imperial units, 64G...

Oh, I just put that in so our American friends can understand it. The USA is practically the only country in the world that hasn't gone metric (Neanderthals! ;)). Canada went metric in the 1970s.

Green = metric     Black = Imperial
Other than the US, the only countries still using the Imperial system are Liberia and Burma.
Come on Yanks, get with the program!  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

actually the uk is bilingual on that score, we still travel in miles and buy our bananas by the pound but our sugar comes in kilo's, but most importantly our beer comes in pints, and our whisky comes in gills http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gill_%28unit%29
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

The one bad thing about the metric system is that businesses take advantage of it to rip us off. When they convert their packaging to metric they round down and sell it at the same price. For example, 1 imperial pint is 568 ml. So you can bet that they'll round that down to 500 ml. No wonder Scotland hasn't fully switched to metric yet!  ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

and what units do they use on the yellow part of the map?
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

There are no +/- VALUE buttons on the BR-80 so I assume that the jog wheel is used to adjust levels and other parameters. Not as good as proper faders but I guess it's an improvement over the dinky +/- buttons.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

I don't mind the metric system, but when it comes to saying 473.18 mL of beer it's not going to happen!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 08, 2011, 09:00:07 PMThere are no +/- VALUE buttons on the BR-80 so I assume that the jog wheel is used to adjust levels and other parameters. Not as good as proper faders but I guess it's an improvement over the dinky +/- buttons.

Glad for that! Now I hope the jogwheel doesnt spin off on me
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Just noticed this in the BR-80 specs:

24-bit/44.1 kHz USB-AUDIO (Hi-Speed USB)
USB Mass Storage Class (Hi-Speed USB)

"Hi-Speed" means USB 2.0. That should mean much faster file transfers between the BR-80 and your computer. Even faster than the BR-800 which, as far as I know, has the much slower USB 1.1. The BR-80 is the first Boss recorder with USB 2.0.

It's about time, Roland! USB 1.1 is ancient and shouldn't be used in modern devices. Even the choice of USB 2 is questionable since many new motherboards come with USB 3 which is 10X faster than USB 2. But I'm glad that Roland has finally started using USB 2. And I hope that there will be no future Roland products with the ancient USB 1.1 technology.

Released      Bandwidth     
USB 1.1      Sep 199812 Mbit/s
USB 2.0 ("Hi-Speed")      Apr 2000480 Mbit/s
USB 3.0 ("SuperSpeed")      Nov 20085,000 Mbit/s

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

That is good news...my PC is still USB 2.0, so I'm not complaining.  8)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase