boss launch the micro br80 to replace the micro br

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 06, 2011, 03:37:18 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: DannyB_KY on January 25, 2012, 04:38:11 PMHow does the BR-80 handle 3/4 time?

The way that it's supposed to work is that you create your 3/4 patterns on your computer using suitable midi drum-sequencing software, then import them into the BR-80 and use those patterns in your arrangement. Unfortunately, the original firmware versions incorrectly imported those 3/4 patterns in 4/4. Roland has since released a firmware update (version 1.04) which is supposed to fix that bug.

However, in the following post, DaveS reports that Roland UK told him that it still doesn't work.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=11749.msg175361#msg175361

I was hoping one of our BR-80 users would confirm this, but I don't think anyone has yet. Geir? Cuthbert?

So, at the moment, I don't know whether version 1.04 correctly handles the importing of 3/4 patterns or not. If it doesn't, then I trust that Roland will eventually release a firmware update that does fix this bug (and it definitely is a bug, so users should keep bugging Roland until they fix it, if they haven't already).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on January 25, 2012, 04:56:26 PMyou can import 3/4 midi drum patterns and it will handle it fine !! that is if you've got the latest firmware upgrade!

Have you tested that, Geir?  As I said in my previous post, DaveS said that Roland UK told him it doesn't work.

I'd like to hear from a BR-80 user with version 1.04 who can confirm or deny this.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 25, 2012, 04:59:08 PM
Quote from: DannyB_KY on January 25, 2012, 04:38:11 PMHow does the BR-80 handle 3/4 time?

The way that it's supposed to work is that you create your 3/4 patterns on your computer using suitable midi drum-sequencing software, then import them into the BR-80 and use those patterns in your arrangement. Unfortunately, the original firmware versions incorrectly imported those 3/4 patterns in 4/4. Roland has since released a firmware update (version 1.04) which is supposed to fix that bug.

However, in the following post, DaveS reports that Roland UK told him that it still doesn't work.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=11749.msg175361#msg175361

I was hoping one of our BR-80 users would confirm this, but I don't think anyone has yet. Geir? Cuthbert?
Yes, sorry for the late reply to this. I did test it. And at least on the midi-files I tested it worked fine. Plays right and counts right :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on January 25, 2012, 05:01:45 PMYes, sorry for the late reply to this. I did test it. And at least on the midi-files I tested it worked fine. Plays right and counts right :D

Thanks, Geir. That's good news for BR-80 users and anyone considering the purchase of a BR-80.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

hoping santa finally gets to me next payday. i so want my br80 and santa ive bin a guid laddie. hic burp fart.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

baterpruf

Not only 3/4 but it's suposed to accept any weird rythm.
It's a good oportunity to try some Math Rock.

BR-80

Oldrottenhead

they aint half shot up in price. in all the stores in glasgow they where £199 at christmas with a power adapter thrown in now they are £225 with no extras. the zoom r8 at £199 is starting to look the better option.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chip

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 13, 2012, 03:12:55 AMthey aint half shot up in price. in all the stores in glasgow they where £199 at christmas with a power adapter thrown in now they are £225 with no extras. the zoom r8 at £199 is starting to look the better option.

Got mine for £178 plus a 4 year warranty@ DV27. This was a return though but there aint nowt wrong with it and everything seems brand new. No batteries came with it.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Oldrottenhead

at £197 for the as new with 4 year warranty. what size of card came with it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

chip

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 13, 2012, 11:35:21 AMat £197 for the as new with 4 year warranty. what size of card came with it.

Hi mate  toshiba 2gb with all the eband stuff etc loaded.
See here http://www.dv247.com/clearance/boss-micro-br-br-80-portable-digital-recorder-as-new--94827

Is that what you are looking at? My it has shot up. The other day it was £209. I wonder why they have put the returned item up so much? ebay have some at £199/ 185? they did yesterday. Also check the B stock stuff, I got the original as a B stock item for £100, fantastic bargain and roland threw in a 3 year warranty too.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.