Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Got one!

The wife spilled Orange on my MBR...... Now the play button sticks.... :(

Anyway... Main differences...

Cant seem to Edit levels or Panning Whilst mastering like you used to be able to.

Seems the Original MBR had some tricks that Boss wanted to save for bigger modals.

Still Great having 8 tracks though!!!!! Though I seem to have trained myself to only use two...Lol!

Here is a Two track recording with the BR80.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7vYVWBsQw

Guitar and strings.

And Here is a 4 track....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drqjq1Pr1gU

Guitar, strings, Flute and lead.

Guess I will be able to expand my track count at last.

In two minds about the quality of the Mics. The MBR1 seems to be a bit better for some reason, but it might just be what I'm used to. With that said, there is nothing stopping me linking the MBR into the BR80 and using it as a mic....(Don't cross the streams.)

The E-Band function is great! First ever time Jamming to backing tracks.. Sooooo Addictive.

The EQ tweekers are a plus! Very easy to ... er.... Tweek!

Yet to use the Live Rec Fuction. But the increased memory will make this a great field recorder.

Cakewalk will be interesting to Explore. Can't work out how to hear what you are playing though.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

fenderbender

Ok lads and lassies I have been going through this page after page -paragraph after paragraph

I am still using the Br600 -its part of me -
If and when it sits down  :'( :'(

where do I go from there ????
-will the br80 do all that the 600 does ???
or is it down to personal choice ????
Help !!!!
Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

SteveB

Quote from: fenderbender on November 11, 2011, 03:30:27 PMOk lads and lassies I have been going through this page after page -paragraph after paragraph

I am still using the Br600 -its part of me -
If and when it sits down  :'( :'(

where do I go from there ????

Tommy

Tommy, you produce wonderful uploaded tracks to Songcrafters & Tony's site. If you are comfortable with what you have, and the unit works well and is looked after, why punish yerself with a new rigmarole?? My Br900 still works perfectly and must be nearly 8 years old. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

64Guitars

I agree with SteveB. The BR-80 is a great upgrade for users of the original Micro BR since it offers many benefits. But it really doesn't offer much for users of the BR-600 and other 8-track BRs. There are a few improvements (USB 2.0, 32GB memory cards, etc.) but they're not enough to justify the additional purchase in my opinion, unless you really want a pocket-size multitrack recorder (for that, it can't be beat).

I'm still using my BR-864 which I bought in 2003. Nothing that Boss has released since then has made me want to replace it. I couldn't bear to give up my BR-864's Midi, built-in guitar synth, etc. which the newer models all lack.

Let's wait and see if anything new is released at Winter NAMM, January 19th, 2012.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

fenderbender

Thanks Steve and 64 -

as I said the 600 is so much a part of me know -that I would be lost without it -

but I think maybe you guys are  right -

64 is there something on the horizon for NAMM-
hmmmmmmmm

thanks
Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

Quote from: fenderbender on November 12, 2011, 06:08:55 AM64 is there something on the horizon for NAMM-

I don't know of anything specific. But Roland has announced new BRs at past Winter NAMMs (BR-600, 900, 1200, 1180, and 8), so we can hope.

I'd like to see them release a BR that's just a bit more advanced than the BR-800. It must have full MIDI support, plus USB 2.0 (or, better still, USB 3.0), better faders (longer travel), real buttons (not touch sensors), audio interface and control surface capabilities, and support for SDHC cards up to at least 32GB. Drum pads like the BR-600's would be nice too, though not essential. And I wouldn't mind a few extra playback tracks / faders; maybe 12 tracks instead of 8.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on November 12, 2011, 11:53:09 AMmaybe 12 tracks instead of 8.
I think 8 would be enough, if it really where 8. In fact it's 4+ 2 stereo!! 6 + 2 would be FAR BETTER !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

Quote from: Geir on November 12, 2011, 03:09:35 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on November 12, 2011, 11:53:09 AMmaybe 12 tracks instead of 8.
I think 8 would be enough, if it really where 8. In fact it's 4+ 2 stereo!! 6 + 2 would be FAR BETTER !!!!

Are you referring to the BR-800, Geir? Because the BR-80 is indeed 8 tracks (it is possible to stereo link any adjacent pairs, though).

I do wish Roland would retain the emphasis on multitrack recording (I'm not a fan of the other modes on the BR-80), and just make their recorders consistent and easy to use.   :-\

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase