boss launch the micro br80 to replace the micro br

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 06, 2011, 03:37:18 AM

Tony W

I'm a little surprised that it's not USB 3.0 compatible... wouldn't that be nice?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Henky

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 30, 2011, 01:07:09 PMSeems like it can only use the internal mics. I don't think you can use the Guitar/Mic input, Line In or USB in LiveRec mode. That's probably not a problem, though it might have been useful to be able to connect a mixer to Line In and record your band's rehearsals in LiveRec mode using better quality mics. The manual isn't entirely clear on this point, so it is possible that I misunderstood, but the impression I got was that you can only use the internal mics.

Yeah, you're right, look at page 43, it says:
In LIVE REC mode, you can only record via the stereo microphones that are built into the BR-80.

However, i think it's just plain stupid.
Why restrict LIVE REC mode to the internal mics as it was just as easy to use the same switching which is used for MTR mode being that the built-in microphones will turn off when you connect a cable to the GUITAR/MIC IN jack.
I just don't understand why they did it this way, what could possibly be the benefit/advantage.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Zoom HD16
recorder
Zoom R16
recorder
Cubase

BuleriaChk

The problem is that with fewer and fewer places to play, and most musicians that have jobs are programming video games, there are very few musicians actually facing the realities of performing in live venues.  So everything seems to be produced for the casual player.....  I think penny wise and pound foolish... (I just canceled my preorder for the BR-80). 

As I said in another thread, NI's Maschine (which has been around for awhile now) doesn't allow you to import .mid files from the desktop, let alone drag and drop.... I'm evaluating it now, but am having a hard time justifying it - it seems to be written for people who don't have midi files from previous musical experience...  but they did finally get around to integrating it with Ableton live (and it actually works pretty well)....

but... sheesh!  This is the world's best drum sequencer package and NO midi import?  Weird....

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

Here we go...

I picked the brand new baby up 15 minutes, ago  ;D . I opened the parcel and here it is. Including 2 Gb SD-card...

It is just annoying that I haven't much time to get familiar with it in the next days  :-[  . Fortunately I can read the manual...

Kari

ps. see the attachement, please...

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Congrats Kari !!!

Looking forward to hearing what you will make of wonderful music on this one !

and please give us a review when you've had time to test it !

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

yeah baby, cant wait to hear you get to grips with your new baby.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

this BR-80 is Flash Harry's brand new toothbrush

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Oh Man! I envy you, Kari!

Let us know / hear how she performs! You are a songcrafters pioneer!

Redler

A brief review after two hours...

I've operated only on MTR mode and using it is very easy, though different than on old Micro BR (I'm constantly trying to find 'utility' button :) ) . I haven't opened the manual so far! If you have used Boss records, you'll get familiar with this easily.

At first, the built in mics are very sensitive! I had to reduce recording volume a lot when strumming my acoustic guitar. I used comp+fat EQ and the sound was very good and rich!

I recorded two stereo tracks and two mono tracks (not a entire song, I'll post a new song later) and mastered them separately. It is very good improvement that you can master them on Wav and import them to computer for editing. I still use Audacity...

I'm bit wondering when I visited on several on-line music shops (like Thomann, Musician's Friend, DV247.com and any of them haven't BR-80 in store...? My local dealer mentioned they have ordered only 5 units of BR-80. So, is it available anywhere else in the world right now...? I thought that the bigger shops would get them first...?

I'll be back later, perhaps with musical samples. But, as mentioned I can play with my new baby just occasionally in the next days.

Kari

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR