boss launch the micro br80 to replace the micro br

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 06, 2011, 03:37:18 AM

Gnasty

Phoned the music store today. I`m on top order for it now at a different music store.

Screw Long & McQuade! I really hate franchises in anything really. It just equals bad customer service and i`ve had a problem with them for years.

Anyways, i talked to a real dude on the phone that actually cares and he said it`s being shipped June 30th so i bet i won`t get it till mid July. Oh well, i can wait. Actually no! Cuz the button problem i have really pisses me off and makes me depressed not to record or do anything being it`s a pain in the ass. Hopefully that won`t happen to me on the new one. I hope that new cog wheel is safe and secure :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Wow! I just saw that vid you posted 64..Thanks! I think i`ll be very overwhelmed when i get it and not knowing what to do or where to start...lol  Definitely different than the micro br. Looks freakin amazing!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Henky

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Zoom HD16
recorder
Zoom R16
recorder
Cubase

Greeny

This is cool - I'm looking at the manual right now. Will let you all know if I find any noteworthy gems.

Greeny

You can use it as an audio interface (a question recently asked about the MBR)...

"Before you use the BR-80 as an audio interface, you must install the USB driver in your computer.
The USB driver is on the included SD card.
• You can use software on your computer to record the audio input via the BR-80’s GUITAR/MIC IN
jack or LINE IN jack. The audio input via the GUITAR/MIC IN jack can also be processed by an effect
while you record.
• You can also use speakers or headphones connected to the BR-80 to listen to sounds that you
play back on your computer, or you can record these sounds into a BR-80 song.

Greeny

It has the same 'kit' sounds as the MBR for rhythms...

1. STANDARD 1
2. STANDARD 2
3. ROOM
4. HARD
5. JAZZ
6. HIP-HOP
7. HOUSE
8. REGGAE
9. 808

Can't see if it's 4/4 timing only. It says you can import rhythms though.

Greeny

Damn... what I really wanted was a full list of patches and fx. There's nothing listed. I'll only buy it if it gives me a significant difference / advantage in the tones and effects I can get over what's on the MBR.

Henky

Quote from: Greeny on June 24, 2011, 07:51:36 AMDamn... what I really wanted was a full list of patches and fx. There's nothing listed. I'll only buy it if it gives me a significant difference / advantage in the tones and effects I can get over what's on the MBR.

You can find that in a different document called "BR-80 Data List"

http://www.roland.com/manuals/en/index.cfm?iRcId=62121934&dsp=1

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Zoom HD16
recorder
Zoom R16