Katherine Lynn (original song)

Started by Bluesberry, November 28, 2008, 04:20:36 PM

jackofall

This was a really good song and a clear sound. excellent stuff.
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

mr2kewl

i definitely agree with greeny. your voice has the feel of Levon Helm from the song "The Weight". added this to my downloaded songs.

mark r
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Geir

Great Song BB, glad I found this. OK, you've developed as both a singer and guitarist since then, but this is a good song and I really enjoyed listening to it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

well bumped geir i missed this one too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

tom r

I've just sat and listened to this while watching the rain coming down outside and i was rather chilled. Great stuff Bluesberry.
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

SteveB

BB - 3rd song of yours I've logged on to, and more revelations of inate talent.  :)
If you really are only three years in to guitar-playing, then the rest of us had better watch out. You say you're in your mid-40s, and so realistically have possibly 30 years of writing and recording in front of you, in other words, a marvellous future. There are loads of fluid styles on offer here, and a rounded catchiness to it all. I would suggest that 'Katernine Lynn' is probably a real person known to you, because the vocal sounds that convincing?
Follow FHY's advice and place the Bass in the middle, (Unless you are trying for a specific effect), at any sort of volume, the speakers have to handle low frequencies together for best results, so the Bass is best at centre. The vocal effect that you brought in during the second part (Big Reverb?), well, use that all the way through, and as we've discussed, incorporate those other vocal recording techniques in future recordings. All in all, a very strong performance all round. Well done.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on July 13, 2009, 11:45:57 AMGreat Song BB, glad I found this. OK, you've developed as both a singer and guitarist since then, but this is a good song and I really enjoyed listening to it!
Thanks guys, this was the third song I wrote in my life, wrote 6 months ago.  I still like this one, it was the song where I felt like I finally knew what I was doing, it started to come together for me, I had a style.  And it was the first song I made with my new 2008 American Standard Strat, the Strat tone is all over this one.  And Steve, the true identity of "Katherine Lynn" shall remain a closely guarded secret, in order to protect the innocent.  ;)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Nice one BB!!!!!

The Structure and concept are Sublime in this one Dave!

Playing is Sublime!

This is some Song!!!!!!!

Peace Bro

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Hey, glad this one was bumped. You put your first(ur.. third) foot forward much better than I did with the MBR. You are a fine guitarist - always liked your style of playing. This one's a little country but not too much - more of a southwestern kind of feel I think anyway.

8) 8)

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover