Main Menu

40 More

Started by indierik, March 13, 2011, 06:38:21 PM

indierik

Test Match-40 More
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a song from my band Test Match. Test Match is a large part of the reason I haven't spent much time on this site these days. I've been dedicating all of my musical energy to this band. We'll be playing our first gig this Tuesday at Pulp in Asheville, NC. Today we had a radio interview on the largest station in Asheville, (98.1 The River) and they played two of our songs. This was one of them.

The recording was done at a friends studio. It's a live recording so not allot of effort went into it. For the most part we recorded it for the radio station (and our website) as they wanted some recorded material. 

I am curious to hear what you all think.

Erik
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Gritter

Sound good, a lot like Pavement. I don't understand why you wouldn't put a lot of effort into a recording just because it's live. Or did you mean not a lot of effort in the production side?

Congrats on the radio success and have a great gig. From what I hear, I would say this is the start of something big!

Oldrottenhead

gaun yersel erik, i get a postcard records vibe from it a bit of josef k and orange juice with a dash of velvet underground and some pixies at the loud bits. great vocalist.

lang may yer lum reek.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

You guys sound like a tight outfit... nice one.

I reckon you ought to record it again and put a bit more effort in :D - the song and the performances are definitely worthy of it :)

Good luck with the gig, if you guys play this well you should have a good one.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

SE

Great live sound, really nice sparse sound, those vox sound so familiar, can,t put my finger on it, great tight sound too, loved the listen, well played!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

lg

Sounds great and tight, for live!
Congrats on the band, and the airplay.
Not to mention the gig!
Wish I could be there.......

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Black Mary

Hi Erik. WOW !! This is a crackin' song. Love the lyrics/vox. Brilliant melodies. You sound familiar but totally unique which is very hard and special. Good luck. Awesome piece of songwriting
BM
kingliggermusic

Bluesberry

Damn Erik, when that harder louder section hit......it really hit........floating on the beauty.......I say this is a very strong song....there is that hard section again........it really gets me, fantastic..........oh man then that chording solo part.......oh man.......and the drums thrashing..............oh man, what a song....you guys have something special here, chemistry, instinct, energy, whatever it is, it is gold.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

indierik

Wow, those are some damn fine compliments!!! Thank you all!!

As for the recording, I agree with Gritter, we definitely need to put more effort into our recordings. It's was done quickly and I didn't have much to do with the finished product.

The show last night was a success. I think I conquered my stage fright.

Thanks again   
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

SwanSong

Very mellow song . just thought vocals could have been a bit louder
trouble understanding words.but a great original and guitar work..
wishu the best of luck in the future. the music buisiness is rough .
but with a great original sound  as u guys have thnings could pop.
best regards NEIL