Yesterday, seems so far away

Started by Bluesberry, March 13, 2011, 04:49:01 PM

Ferryman

Ah, Dave and one Reg! Great collab, Reg I can a definite Beefheart approach in your wonderful vocal performance. Great funky track Dave and I love the way it changes at the end with a  kind of Eastern guitar break. Very cool collab!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Welcome Reg...yes i`ve heard your tunes from AT as well...You picked a great partner in BB for this one. Your voice is so cool and casual..Great song!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bluesberry

I can't believe how this turned out......what a vocal Reg.....I just am over the moon at how this turned out.........thanks for all the great comments everybody..........thanks for the million dollar vocals/lyrics Reg................you put on exactly what was needed here to take this song to the moon.  One of my absolute favorite songs that I have been involved with.....I get so pumped everytime I listen to this.  Thanks Trevor/Reg.  Your Reggyness was on fire here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Quote from: thetworegs on March 14, 2011, 02:34:05 PMI was with you on the Captain until This afternoon i had to check out Captain Beefheart 1974 old grey whistle test on youtube because i realised i  didn't know what he sounded like and lots of people were comparing this voice to his. I'm now a fan.

The "Upon the My Oh My" session, right? Wonderful, I saw him on that tour, quite an experience (I was 17!). You have the same attitude and it shines through. Great vox sir.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

BB
Brilliant Collab.
The music is off the charts. Cool groove and a killer bass line.
The solos are just awesome.
Reg has a truly authentic voice.
Full of soul and emotion.
Well done... guys
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bluesberry

Thanks everybody.  This one started with the bassline...then Reg poured his magic sauce all over it.....shake and serve......beauty.  My god this was a fun song to be part of.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

i totally agree with you Dave Thanks everyone...... it was great fun...

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Tangled Wires

Tasty tune here guys, love that vocal and you can't go too far wrong with BB's music accompanying a tune....loving that bass and wah guitar especially.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

trev

excellent track - love the feel and guitar solo - great stuff

Trev

Kenneth

Heard this over at alonetone, great collab guys.

The unmistakable BB baseline, combined with the great guitar work ,and amazing vocals make this a sure winner.
Congrats to both of you.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman