Yesterday, seems so far away

Started by Bluesberry, March 13, 2011, 04:49:01 PM

Greeny

Weird... I commented on this earlier on alonetone, not knowing it was a collab our very own BB! I liked it straight away. It's a cracking song, with a peach of a bassline, wigged-out solos, and that brilliant raw vocal. 'Tis indeed a belter. Flipping great stuff.

AndyR

Welcome Reg!! I suspect that you'll find a very warm welcome over here :).

I believe that "braw tell yer maw" is a good thing :D (I always take it as a sign that orh thinks it's "really rather good, old chap") I think it has been translated properly on here somewhere once before, but I haven't got time to look for it.

I can't listen to anything while I'm at work, but I'll give this a listen this evening.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Redler

Superb collab!! Great tune and voice! Brilliant guitar licks, as well!

kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

definitely braw tell your maw and andyr has translated it rather brawly.

nice to see you over here reg. our leader flash harry is from your neck of the woods.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

stoman

I think what Jim says would read like this in my dialect: "Dat hätt 'r joot jemaat". :D

I don't think there is anybody here who understands that, is there? :)

Great job, Dave and Reg! Definitely a song worth downloading.

Regards,
  Steffen

AndyR

Nice one boys :)

You won't believe this, but I can here Marc Bolan here... (mind you, I don't know too much about about Mr Zappa, and even less about Mr Beefheart...)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

SE

Excellent collab, vox really suit BB,s music can hear that Zappa guitar too, hope we can hear another,well played.
recorder
Boss BR-80

thetworegs

I was with you on the Captain until This afternoon i had to check out Captain Beefheart 1974 old grey whistle test on youtube because i realised i  didn't know what he sounded like and lots of people were comparing this voice to his. I'm now a fan. i need some tips. I'm a big Zappa fan and i love the way Dave hits those solo's.Excellent stuff. Thanks to  everybody you have made me welcome. I feel at home already. and Steffen your right i haven't a clue apart from maybe " that has..........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

stoman

Don't worry, even most Germans won't understand it. Apart from those living near Cologne - IF they still speak or at least understand "Mundart" (a city's or region's native dialect).

In standard language it would read "Das habt Ihr gut gemacht", i.e. "You did that well". :)

Good night,
  Steffen

Geir

Back for more !!! :) Still "Braw ... " or "Bra" as we say in Norway (I have a feeling some vikings might have been in Scotland  .... ::) ::)

So good to have another Zappa fan onboard Reg !! You know we had a Zappa fest last summer !!!

https://songcrafters.org/Festivals/ZappaFest.html

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........