Card Full half through mastering!!!

Started by Rotten78, November 27, 2008, 06:29:01 AM

Hi, whilst mastering a 28min long audio clip I got the message 'Card Full' half way (approx 14 mins) through mastering. I pressed 'OK' and then it asked If i wanted to export and I pressed 'Exit' .  I thought perhaps I would do smaller clips instead of mastering the entire clip in the hope that I would avoid the 'Card Full' problem. They only thing now is that when I go to MASTER it I get the message CARD FULL !!!
Can anyone help me get back to the point where I can start mastering much smaller clips.

Greeny

Quote from: Rotten78 on November 27, 2008, 06:29:01 AMHi, whilst mastering a 28min long audio clip I got the message 'Card Full' half way (approx 14 mins) through mastering. I pressed 'OK' and then it asked If i wanted to export and I pressed 'Exit' .  I thought perhaps I would do smaller clips instead of mastering the entire clip in the hope that I would avoid the 'Card Full' problem. They only thing now is that when I go to MASTER it I get the message CARD FULL !!!
Can anyone help me get back to the point where I can start mastering much smaller clips.

This sounds similar to a problem I had a while back. There didn't seem to be any reason for the card to be full, and yet that message came up every time I tried to export to mp3. What I did to fix this (and will be worth a try for you) was to:-

1. Back up anything everything to pc - both mp3 and song folders.

2. From utility, use 'OPT' to optimise the card. There may be some virtual tracks taking up space.

3. If this still doesn't work you'll have to re-initialise the card. This is what I had to do and it fixed it (see manual...). However, it will delete EVERYTHING already on the card, therefore doing a back-up before this is essential. You can then drag everything back into the BR via your PC.

This only happened to me once, and I haven't had any space issues since. But I still don't know why it happened!

This is just another users advice, and it's up to you - you may want to wait for someone to give you a more 'technical' solution / explanation.

Good luck!

Thanks for that advice and I have tried it and when i transfer the track back onto the BR I get the same problem. Its like the recording is stuck at that CARD FULL stage of the mastering. It wasnt anywhere near full before I started to MASTER it. Weird.
I may have to get a bigger card instead as I dont want to lose the recording. The actual file size is now 125Mb so it wont let me do a master to convert it to Mp3.