FaBfest consider phlebas by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 12, 2011, 04:34:46 PM

Bluesberry

Here we have it......I missed this, but have found it now.......fantastic song, those drums sound very good.  I really like this song man.  The more of us soundcrafters over at alonetone the better as far as I am concerned, lets take them by storm (maybe we can encourage a few to come over our side to check things out) hahahaha.  I am not so sure they will know what hit them when they get the full ORH experience......all joking aside, it is a good site to host songs from, some good folks, a little less interactive due to the site layout.  Having a site "forum" based like this one fosters a better interaction.  Over there you have to leave comments to somebody on of their songs and there is less back and forth like we have here, because all comments are in a kind of vacuum as it were, you can't see the comments as part of an ongoing conversation with each comment flowing from the one before, etc.  Still a good site and a nice companion site to this one.  The only two music sites I visit now are here (#1) and alonetone (#2).  This site will always be the top dog due to the great interaction we get on here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

cheers dave i joined a few other sites but never really got into them in the same way as here. but my initial impressions of alonetone are very positive and it looks like a place i will visit regularly. for now i'm just gonna post the solo stuff there, so they wont get the full orh experience yet lmao.

it was very cool seeing our collab of black widow up there too. (am still stunned at what you did there dave).

and flash harry i see has joined too and posted another collab. so maybe they will get the full orh experience after all. anyone over there that has collabed with me, stick em on and gie thum a wee fright lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 13, 2011, 07:56:54 AMand flash harry i see has joined too

Ah, found him - I was looking for "Flash" ::)
But really, you can't miss him on there... he's the one with the bass and the flowing locks... :D

Yep, I agree with everything BB says. The forum-based approach here gives a lot more interraction and "in-depth" feel to what's going on. But I'm finding the vibe at alonetone, though completely different, very satisfying as well (it helps that right at the moment I seem to be at the top of the "kicking ass list" - a most gratifying but, I suspect, somewhat transitory experience :D)

What I get from both sites, though, is fabulous music across styles that I wouldn't usually cross the street to listen to. I'm finding it a mind expanding experience.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

tom r

This is such a chilled out tune. I am sitting watcing the sun set over Durham as i listen to this beauty

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Ferryman_1957

Jim, I am a huge Iain (both _ and M) Banks fan, I was stunned by The Wasp Factory when it came out and I have read everything he has written ever since (apart from the whisky stuff). So you needed to tread carefully here as far as I am concerned.............................................and you did really well. I love the atmosphere here and the lyrics (nice look to windward reference), it really does conjure up images of the worlds he creates. You 've made me want to go and read the book again!

Great job.

Cheers,

Nigel

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI was stunned by The Wasp Factory when it came out and I have read everything he has written ever since (apart from the whisky stuff).
the exact same impact the wasp factory had on me.

the look to windward is a straight take from t s eliots the wasteland, (O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.)
which i believe inspired banks  (certainly for the book titles)both consider phlebas and look to windward.

i maybe should read his whisky books tho.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Lovin' the drums and the way the snare picks up... What can I say? Wasp Factory is one of the best books ever written and has stayed in my head ever since I read it.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

spidebump for Iain RIP ye wur a guid guy.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Love the dreamy floating nature of this, and your heart felt vocals!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)