Prog Collab Anyone?

Started by launched, March 11, 2011, 08:56:14 PM

Speed Demon

Did someone say, "needs bass"? Is it still needed?

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Kenneth

I was hoping for more vox in the 2nd part. Chugging guitar is ok , but it needs more in my mind. Not sure what Mark is planning yet.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

launched

Quote from: Speed Demon on March 14, 2011, 04:21:48 AMDid someone say, "needs bass"? Is it still needed?

Yes, feel free to do a bass line to this - And if you want to do anything else just PM me, the mix will be getting cluttered soon!

Send me the wav file of the track when you are done!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gnasty

This is just dynamite in every way...I love that intro guitar Mark..sounds almost like bagpipes and your voice with the harmony is stellar and a great beginning to Ken coming in with that chug a lug guitar...WOW! Ken...your voice on this is just frwakin to the moon!! What you singing on here..The mbr? This is something that just doesn`t happen so fast and well in the real music biz...This is freakin good and can`t wait for more to come...Nice work!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Kenneth

Thanks Eric!
Apoligies for the delayed response to your question... yes i'm using the mic on the mbr. ... forget the setting, I think it's vocal effect 1.

It sure is a great little box!

Kenny B

Damn!!! This is excellent!  I dig this!  So Launched sings the first
part and Kenneth sings the second?   I saw SD was going to put Bass
on it ... is there another version somewhere yet??? 

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Kenny B on March 17, 2011, 08:13:52 AMI saw SD was going to put Bass
on it … is there another version somewhere yet??? 

Well, he asked to put bass on it, and we are waiting. Patiently... ;D

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Speed Demon

Good things come to those who wait. As long as they work their ass off while they're waiting.

Bass work is done. I am in the process of editing it for synching into the mix.

Are there separate tracks available for this tune? If so, I could use them. Makes the final
mixdown much easier to do.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

launched

Quote from: Speed Demon on March 19, 2011, 04:34:07 AMGood things come to those who wait. As long as they work their ass off while they're waiting.

Ha, I agree! Glad you could do this for us - Excellent!

I'm thinking it might be better for you to give me your wav files if you can - I've already set up the project and there will be around 50 tracks when it's done. Everybody will be given a draft for review upon completion, and if nobody has a problem with it I'll make all the raw files available to the contributing musicians so they can have a go at their own mix. It will be several hundred megabytes compressed, but I'll find a way to provide a simple distribution method.

Also, if anybody wants to add some finish work let me know - I hear more guitar sprinklings, various lead and some Type O style organ/synth. I might do some more guitar, but I'm such a plinker it takes me longer to get it done.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

Mark, not sure where this is at right now, but my part absolutely needs more added, and if nobody has yet, I can do that.
I would love to hear a semi finished version and see what I could add in extras.